same weight still

Options
i have been at 280.6 for over a week!!!! I have increased my work outs to an hour. I have tried cutting calories even more....that didnt work.....then i started eating more calories hitting right at the mark what it says i can eat....idk what is going on...but im an so dicouraged.....I am 5'5"....im 26......i dont know what else i can do.....i told my huband if the scale doesnt move soon...im going to throw it lol....starting weight was 291.

Replies

• klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That happens to me sometimes. I would not worry about a 1-2 week stall, especially if you are going harder in the gym. If you are properly weighing and tracking your food intake it should drop off soon.
    5081 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am also in the same predicament
  • airborne18th
    airborne18th Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    don't get frustrated.. do you have a heart rate monitor for your workouts? it will help you figure out exactly what you are burning with workouts.
  • Supermom883
    Supermom883 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't. I have a treadmill that you put your weight in it and the amount of time you want to workout and the amount of cal you want to burn and it makes a workout up for you....i love it....like yesturday i set it to burn 300 in 30 min at my weight well i did that and i was like screw this maybe 30 min isnt enough....so i did that work out plus i ran at a 4.2 mph for 10 min then walked another 20 min at 3.0-3.5 mph....and it said i burned another 300....so thats 600 cal all together.....and the scale still didnt move.....i was so mad this morning i could have cried!!!! the scale hates me.....
  • rayya
    rayya Posts: 1
    Options
    Definitely drink a couple large glasses of water before bed. It helps flush out the crap! That might help :D
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Increasing workouts can cause a pause on the scale, muscles will retain water as they repair themselves.

How long have you been trying to lose? If it's only been a few weeks, give it time - weight loss is not linear, the scale will go down, stand still, and even go back up along the way. Daily fluctuations are completely normal and should be expected. Exercise, sodium, water intake, hormone fluctuations - all can play a part in making scale weight go up. But it's temporary - as long as your overall trend is down, don't fret it.

And if you haven't already, start tracking your measurements as well, and snap some comparison pics along the way. No one else has to see them but you, but sometimes when the scale is taunting you, a side-by-side photo comparison will show progress that the scale is not. Same with the tape. I dropped a full size without losing anything on the scale. Same weight, but inches were coming off and pants were way too big.

Be patient, be as accurate as possible with calorie intake and with burn estimates. Drink plenty of water, eat well, exercise, take rest days, get good sleep. Hang in there!
  • airborne18th
    Options
    I don't. I have a treadmill that you put your weight in it and the amount of time you want to workout and the amount of cal you want to burn and it makes a workout up for you....i love it....like yesturday i set it to burn 300 in 30 min at my weight well i did that and i was like screw this maybe 30 min isnt enough....so i did that work out plus i ran at a 4.2 mph for 10 min then walked another 20 min at 3.0-3.5 mph....and it said i burned another 300....so thats 600 cal all together.....and the scale still didnt move.....i was so mad this morning i could have cried!!!! the scale hates me.....

Those are calorie meters on workout machines are not accurate. You will find many on this site that had the same problem.. invest in a heart rate monitor for workouts.. just for a sanity check.
  • Supermom883
    Options
    ok i will go look at one this weekend any recommendations on a good one? I have been dieting for a bout a month now. In the past got down to 188 then gained it all back so now i am starting over....the first time i never had this problem. I will take measurements this weekend....now often do you check measurements?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It's a week........ patience!
  • Supermom883
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    It's a week........ patience!

I will try this as well....lol honestly im not the most patient person
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Stop eating back calories that MFP says you can because of exercise, or at least only eat back 25% or so. It all boils down to calories in, calories out. Exercise can be done not only at the gym, but intermittently during the day. While sitting in church, I raise my legs up and down and nobody notices. When I'm watching television, I frequently walk in place or dance if there is a commercial with music. Always park FAR AWAY in the parking lot when shopping. Little things like this make all the difference in the world of weight loss.
  • airborne18th
    Options
    ok i will go look at one this weekend any recommendations on a good one? I have been dieting for a bout a month now. In the past got down to 188 then gained it all back so now i am starting over....the first time i never had this problem. I will take measurements this weekend....now often do you check measurements?

I don't know about good ones.. the price ranges are all over the place and now that every company is making them for smartphones the choices are endless... I went with the low end and Timex, but that was over a year ago I bet there are much better for the same price now.
  • Supermom883
    Options
    Stop eating back calories that MFP says you can because of exercise, or at least only eat back 25% or so. It all boils down to calories in, calories out. Exercise can be done not only at the gym, but intermittently during the day. While sitting in church, I raise my legs up and down and nobody notices. When I'm watching television, I frequently walk in place or dance if there is a commercial with music. Always park FAR AWAY in the parking lot when shopping. Little things like this make all the difference in the world of weight loss.

I always feel like i have to get on my treadmill even if i walk hours shopping......is that normal? I feel guilty if i dont work out at least 5 days a week...my husband says that is not normal to feel that way
  • Supermom883
    Options

I don't know about good ones.. the price ranges are all over the place and now that every company is making them for smartphones the choices are endless... I went with the low end and Timex, but that was over a year ago I bet there are much better for the same price now.

how accurate are they realy though??? have you found yours to be accurate? and how do i find out how high my heart rate needs to be
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    there is not much useful advice you can get based on the limited information in the origional post, but both of these threads are great for beginners and basically outline how to be successful at this:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide#latest

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • airborne18th
    Options

how accurate are they realy though??? have you found yours to be accurate? and how do i find out how high my heart rate needs to be

for heart rate I found it to be very accurate, which is the import part. the treadmill was off on the heart rate consistently, so it was overstating the calorie burn. that is the nice thing about the watches and monitors.. they will guide you through the target heart rate for the workout based on the level of workout you want to do and it will track everything. As your fitness level improves you will not burn as much doing the same workout every day.

what I don't like about the Timex is that it is not very user friendly.. alot of button holding and pushing to get to change settings.. Ideally a smart phone bluetooth setup is my dream monitor..
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

I always feel like i have to get on my treadmill even if i walk hours shopping......is that normal? I feel guilty if i dont work out at least 5 days a week...my husband says that is not normal to feel that way
    Walking while shopping is not the same as walking on a treadmill for exercise. That said, while I know that there are plenty of people here who feel guilty if they don't work out every day, I'm not one of them. So it's not normal for me.
  • Supermom883
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i have been at 280.6 for over a week!!!! I have increased my work outs to an hour. I have tried cutting calories even more....that didnt work.....then i started eating more calories hitting right at the mark what it says i can eat....idk what is going on...but im an so dicouraged.....I am 5'5"....im 26......i dont know what else i can do.....i told my huband if the scale doesnt move soon...im going to throw it lol....starting weight was 291.

"over a week"? How often are you weighing yourself? it should be once a week.