Lunch Today! Share what you prepared!

Options
1235»

Replies

• robagostinelli
    robagostinelli Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Have a cold so made chicken noodle soup. Only 260cal per bowl.
    hkmbqggbixpj.jpg
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    katrinapri wrote: »
    I wanted to try quinoa, how's the texture?

I LOVE quinoa. It's similar to rice only softer and fluffier. Try this recipe. I make it with green enchilada sauce instead of red, and I like a little salsa on top. It's so delicious! http://damndelicious.net/2014/07/07/quinoa-enchilada-casserole/

For lunch today, I'm having a Ranch-flavored tuna packet with eight Ritz crackers, a Fuji apple, and a homemade Asian radish salad.
  • dragon1949
    dragon1949 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had rabbit stew.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Huge salad with bell peppers, celery, cucumber, green beans and broccoli sprouts and some pretzels with extra sharp cheddar cheese.
  • tmg446
    tmg446 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast with Okra, mixed vegetables, and sliced tomatoes with some Feta cheese and teriyaki sauce, yummmmmm
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Spring mix salad with fresh sliced strawberries, steamed shrimp, hard boiled egg white, kalamata olives, 6-cheese Italian blend shredded cheese, low calorie croutons and Ken's Steakhouse Lite Strawberry Vinaigrette dressing.
  • freqzinbigd
    freqzinbigd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    6sn4mhc5j5ln.png

Pretty typical workday.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I've been working on recipes for my cook book, "The Skillful Art of Healthy Eating" and for today's lunch I had two of the recipes that I have finally mastered, copyrighted, and added to the book. Both recipes are high protein, high fiber, diabetic and weight loss surgery friendly, and appealing to the eye. It's my absolute belief that we eat with our eyes first. I haven't photographed them yet because I was swamped with work. I had my homemade cashew chicken salad that contains chicken breast, celery, onions, and cashews over a bed of power greens. I use plain Greek yogurt and a splash of red wine vinegar. I paired the chicken salad with a red bean salad containing red beans, edamame, carrots, red onion, celery, red bell pepper, and mango. The dressing is made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, minced garlic, herbed sea salt, and ground black pepper. I plan to have it again for lunch tomorrow. So I will photograph them and post the pictures then.

nsoz18el6rio.jpg

• NEOA910
    NEOA910 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lower my carb intake so I had a turkey melt (smoked turkey breast, with lorraine swiss) and put on a bed of baby arugula. I didn't even miss the bread!