quick paleo/primal breakfasts?

Options
Looking for ideas that aren't eggs every.single.day.....if it takes 5min or less to make even better! :)

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    Squirrel, they're quick.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Squirrel, they're quick.

^ delicious doe.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I prefer to pounce on young deer. No utensils needed, just tear in. Avoid the flailing hooves though, those suckers can hurt.
  • JennEason1
    JennEason1 Posts: 32 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Make extra dinner and eat the leftovers for breakfast. Tuna and avocado is a good breakfast. Check on Pinterest too....lot's of ideas
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    google paleo granola. It's good with coconut milk, although pretty calorie dense so you can't have a TON in one sitting. I also make crepe shells (tapioca starch, coconut milk and one egg) and fill it with a mix of ground beef and black beans topped with avocado and salsa and eat it with fruit. You could probably make bigger shells and then make 'freeze and heat' burritos that way (I guess beans aren't paleo, but that's the idea anyway). Smoothies with fruit and coconut or almond milk (toss in flax or chia seeds, some shredded greens, etc for health). Coconut yogurt parfait (with berries and flax or chia or paleo granola). There are also a ton of paleo pancake and waffle recipes (they contain egg, but aren't just egg) that you could freeze and reheat as well. Try Pinterest - there are entire boards full of just paleo breakfasts :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    OP, you might have better luck if you share with us the foods you do eat and the types of dishes you enjoy, as well as whether you are paleo or primal, since one includes dairy while the other does not. The very nature of the diets is probably going to make this difficult, as most traditional breakfast foods would be eliminated from paleo/primal diets, with the exception of, well, eggs and breakfast meats. Is there a certain macro breakdown you are trying to hit at breakfast - might be able to get some ideas if you approach it from that standpoint.
  • sparklyhippos
    sparklyhippos Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Cat, THANK YOU for that crepe shell idea :open_mouth:
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks - still slowly transitioning to primal so trying to get away completely from my old "usual" quick breakfast of peanut butter on wholegrain toast! Lately (haven't been logging much so sorry about the empty diary) I am eating: eggs with bacon/sausage; plain greek yogurt with fruit/nuts (greek yogurt and quinoa are the 2 things I am keeping that aren't exactly paleo!) but will look for paleo granola; apple with almond butter; fruit salad; or a protein shake with almond milk/flax seed/berries/half banana. Mainly just want to get away from the wheat and sugar and copious amounts of cheese I used to eat :)
  • questionfear
    questionfear Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    If you do dairy, greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk and berry/mango smoothie with ground almonds and cocoa nibs, add in some paleo protein powder if you can get your hands on it. Coconut milk and chia seeds with a little lemon juice and some blueberries. Knock up some 'oatmeal' using ground coconut, almonds and ground flax seeds.
  • sharkjen
    sharkjen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato hash, although it' is timely it was my favorite dish when I was doing Whole30
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Paleo "cereal". It's just nuts, fruit and coconut (or almond, hemp, cashew, or whatever floats your boat) milk. I love to use 1/4 cup pecans, blueberries, bananas, unsweetened shredded coconut and cashew milk. You can also do over night chia seed pudding, if you warm it up its like cream of wheat. Paleo pancakes (or waffles) are fun too.
  • racheljonel
    racheljonel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    JennEason1 wrote: »
    Make extra dinner and eat the leftovers for breakfast. Tuna and avocado is a good breakfast. Check on Pinterest too....lot's of ideas

totally agree with this. I'm not paleo, but I eat leftovers for breakfast all the time. Breakfast doesn't have to be "breakfast food"

• BBruhn
    BBruhn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sliced banana, cashews, and coconut flakes. "Monkey Salad"
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    JennEason1 wrote: »

This! Nothing like some chicken or other dinner foods in the morning.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    overnight oats, google it and you will find tons of recipes, really easy and lots different way to make it. good luck! :smile:
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Make an over night parfait with pumkin or other fruit of choice using yougurt then layer it with quionoa or chia then the pumpkin puree or friut then the yogurt repeat til to top of jar. These can be made in mason jars and are a great on the go breakfast.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Thanks - still slowly transitioning to primal so trying to get away completely from my old "usual" quick breakfast of peanut butter on wholegrain toast! Lately (haven't been logging much so sorry about the empty diary) I am eating: eggs with bacon/sausage; plain greek yogurt with fruit/nuts (greek yogurt and quinoa are the 2 things I am keeping that aren't exactly paleo!) but will look for paleo granola; apple with almond butter; fruit salad; or a protein shake with almond milk/flax seed/berries/half banana. Mainly just want to get away from the wheat and sugar and copious amounts of cheese I used to eat :)

Food cooked ahead of time and reheated in the a.m. :
    Coconut flour and banana pancakes
    Turkey or beef meatballs
    Raisin and nuts "cereal"