Options
2»

Replies

• holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    holyfenix wrote: »
    Wow, sorry for not responding to this earlier. I haven't been logging but have steadily been gaining a lb a week. Fat gain is minimal so far but still have 12 lbs to go. Its gotten much easier to stuff my face. I focus on getting my protein where it needs to be and then just eat whatever to get the calories I need.

i would suggest logging everything in …the data is helpful when you want to switch to cutting and /or maintaining…..

I appreciate this advice, I've already done both and have a really good idea on what is necessary to lose/maintain/ and now gain weight. I'll probably go back to logging when I start cutting but for the bulk I just find it to be too much of a hassle since I don't plan my meals as much. Basically I just plan out protein intake to make sure I am hitting that macro. When I do log I tend to hit 3-3500 cals a day sometimes more if I go out to eat. I am seeing the results I want and don't want to change that.
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You'll know when you've exhausted SL5x5. You'll get to a point where you repeatedly fail the lifts and quit making gains. 5x5 is super hard to do on a cut. I'd try it on your calorie surplus for awhile and see if your gains continue. Your macros look good. I'm a similar weight with similar goals and have done several bulks cycles - 165>180>172>186>163>170. I'm currently sitting at 170 and still not happy. It's a process. LOL. Once you get near 180 you'll likely be eating 3,200+ cals a day to keep gaining. Good luck.