How long was it before others noticed?

Options
How many days/weeks did it take for someone IE:Husband, Wife, Children notice your change? Did they specify a particular area? Going into my second month and my husband just complimented me last night and said..."Babe, you are really loosing a lot of weight...I can tell in your stomach area.

Replies

• nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far! Well I'm two months into working out and no one has noticed or said anything to me. Maybe by month 3 things will show more.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't say anything but my teenage daughter tells me constantly I'm losing weight and she can tell after 1.5 months.
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    After one month, lost about 10 lbs, a co-worker noticed. My boyfriend told me since week 2.
  • Samquentin1
    Samquentin1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    4 weeks for you to notice, 8 weeks for friends, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on 2 things

a) how often you see certain people
    b) how much weight you have to lose - if you're only looking to lose 10 or 20 lbs vs. 75 or 100lbs then the impact of what you lose may be greater with more weight to lose.
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My Mom noticed yesterday...12lbs down...she just said I'm lookin' good! lol
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    not until after I lost about 30 pounds. Now I'm at 50 pound loss and have been told it's most noticeable in stomach and butt area
  • kbbeale
    kbbeale Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    mizzzc wrote: »
    not until after I lost about 30 pounds. Now I'm at 50 pound loss and have been told it's most noticeable in stomach and butt area

Yep....^^^^this. Same for me.
  • kaylaaah88
    kaylaaah88 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    20 lbs, but my boyfriend could tell pretty quickly. Mostly in my legs and stomach but also noticeable in my face.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    It depends largely on how much you have to lose....

<<<that's me about 2.5 years ago after losing my first 15ish or so pounds...I didn't really look any different at that point and nobody could tell a damn thing unless they were paying attention to the fat on my hands and feet and other extremities.

That was at 206...I didn't really start getting many comments until I got into the 190s and my face really started thinning out...when I got down to around 190 I had also started to lose a lot of belly fat..so for me, it was basically 25-30 Lbs down before anyone started commenting/noticing.

Also keep in mind that commenting on one's weight is a pretty taboo thing...many people interpret, "hey you look great...did you lose some weight?" as "Wow...you really were a big fat *kitten* before and looked like a big fat ugly cow."...so a lot of people just don't comment at all. I have colleagues who've never said a word, and I'm extremely healthy and fit these days.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    It was about 1 month for the first person to notice (sister)... and about another month after for the 2nd (wife).
  • mgrimes517
    mgrimes517 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Usually at 10% of your weight. Example: 200lbs, 20 pound weight loss.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats.
    For me a few months but I am pretty stocky to begin with and 'hid' the weight well. When it finally came off my face people began to notice.
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Oh my personal favorite was, "I can tell you've lost some weight. I can really see it in your face." :\ Yeah yeah buddy. Go F**k yourself lol. I'd say 30-40 lbs. Is when people started to see it. People close to me. People who hadn't seen me in awhile took about 40-50 lbs. I'm at 65 lbs loss now.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Took me about 100 pounds before people started audibly noticing. Pics in profile.
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    About 30 pounds! But people will really notice when you lose it in your face.
  • darkbeth
    darkbeth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    4 weeks, and 8lb down, my fiance noticed my butt was smaller. Measurements revealed I'd lost an inch around my hips by that point.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    A couple days ago, my neighbor commented on the weight I've lost. That was the first time anyone who didn't know I was dieting commented on my weight loss. I'm down 23 lbs and it took me 8 months.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    after i losted 20 lbs
  • kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone on your loss :smile: . I'm only a month and a half in so not much loss yet, but at around a month my boyfriend said my arms are slimmer and I have a healthy glow. I show him my weightlifting videos to critique form and he said every video my legs looks firmer/slimmer and my butt feels firmer ( TMI :blush: ). I let the tape measure do the talking, but it's nice when others notice your hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!