HELP! not loosing any weight

Options
I have been trying to lose weight now for just over 3 weeks, I have dramatically changed my lifestyle, I am really active and go to the gym 4 times a week whilst also playing football twice a week. I can see a slight difference in my legs but more to do with muscle definition and not weight loss. My stomach is the main area I want to work on but everything I try seems to be not working. I am working so hard by changing my diet and fitness plans but it seems nothing is paying off and I am not seeing results. HELP
A basic run down of my diet consists of:
Breakfast: homemade smoothie
Snack: fruit
Lunch: egg white omlette or salad
Gym and recovery shake
Dinner: meat/fish rice/ sweet potato and veg

Really need some help before I get so angry that I go back to the rubbish I was eating before.
Does anyone have any ideas about what to do?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Are you logging your food? Weighing all solids, measuring all liquids? Accurately logging both food and exercise calories? Eating back exercise calories? Eating the correct amount of calories? You've given very little info about your food intake and have a locked diary. Get your diary in check and you'll see the results you want.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary so people can have a look ?
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Without knowing your current stats and what your goal is we can;t really give any advice on your meal plan.

For someone my size that might be too much to see a deficit, but I'm 5'1 and 131 pounds...
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I highly recommend that you open up your diary, if you want specific advise.

With the little info you've listed, it could be a number of things. Your best bet is that it's only been 3 weeks so give it some time! If you are noticing muscular definition, then you are on the right track. Try taking measurements instead of relying solely on the scale.

Keep it up! It's not a race! :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    open diary and answer questions about food scale ….

• charliedavis995
    Options
    Weight is not really the biggest thing it is how I look, however I haven't seen a real change in the way I am looking.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Weight is not really the biggest thing it is how I look, however I haven't seen a real change in the way I am looking.

Okay...that's fair. We can't help you without a starting point though.
  • charliedavis995
    Options
    I have unlocked my diary :smile:
  • jacobhyatt91
    jacobhyatt91 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    well what are you doing in the gym? what kind of weight training (volume, rep ranges etc) and what kind of cardio (continuous, interval,different %'s of max heart rate also affect whether you're losing fat or weight or whatever) there are too many variables to give a reason as to why you're not losing weight.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options

Right, weight is secondary to looks, I agree. But most times they go hand in hand. It's very hard to get to how you want to look without losing SOME weight. Just eating better food doesn't mean you'll lose either. If you're eating enough of the good food, the calories still cancel out the exercise you're doing.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    what are your goals….add muscle, lower body fat, etc?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    When you lose weight your pants will get loose :wink: :smiley:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    four days this week you netted under 1000 calories ….why?

do you use a food scale?

what are you using to measure calorie burns?

it looks like MFP is telling you to eat 1600 calories a day ..why are you not netting that number..??
  • charliedavis995
    Options
    My normal gym routine depends on what area of my body I am working on. Cardio I generally do 25 mins Fartlek training on the treadmill by changing the speed every 2 to 4 mins, I use the rower a lot and again do minute intervals of quick rowing. Football is also my other cardio that I do.

With weights normally I do 4 or 5 sets of 12 in arm exercises and follow up with abit of cardio burning such tricep dips. Other weights may consist of an ab workout by moving a weight across my stomach for 4 sets of 20 taps. Leg workout consists of squats with weights, weight resistance machine and box jumps.
  • pensierobello
    pensierobello Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You're not logging accurately. Stop picking 'homemade' and random options, get a food scale, weigh your ingredients. And eat more consistently. Plus, Coco Pops with no milk???!
  • charliedavis995
    Options
    My goal is to lose fat and add muscle tone.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I see a couple other posts asking if you have a food scale or not... please answer if you are weighing your food or not. If not, you could be eating more than you think.
  • charliedavis995
    Options
    I don't weigh my food no, however I use the packaging to accurately guess !!
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh my food no, however I use the packaging to accurately guess !!

There is your first problem. Spend a few $$$ and get a food scale.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Buy a food scale- guessing isn't always accurate.

You can get a good one for around 15 on amazon.