I feel as though I refuse to count greens

Options
sassiebritches
sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
I am Living Low Carb. And right now I am in Atkins Induction, or a variation of it eating no more than 25 carbs for 14 days. I feel like I refuse to count carbs that come from leafy greens or healthy greens, even though that is how the Atkins program works. If I do this today I am over by 10 grams....and that ticks me off......so.....I am putting it out into MFP land....I REFUSE TO COUNT GREEN LEAFY CARBS....

The End

Replies

• froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA thank you :)

well you need those greens :) enjoy your evening and that's showing em!
  • BeautifulTestimony
    Options
    I understand your frustration... We give up so much already just to find out that at the end of the day we are over our daily goal... Add me as a pal if you like... Best wishes on your weight loss journey.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about the greens. They are healthy.
  • alexis92
    alexis92 Posts: 64
    Options
    I used to be on WW and I on MFP, I just don't count the foods I know were 0 points. so basically leafy greens, carrots (usually), and plain black coffee do not go in my food diary.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I had stopped losing weight and even gained some back, so I stopped counting the veggies I was eating in my diary. I still count salad dressing, and whatever else I put on my salad, but not the salad itself. It seems to be working. *shrug* Not sure about the why, but I'll take it!
  • operadiva222
    Options
    Do you count the fiber carbs? Because those don't count and will lower your carb count.
    Ex.: Broccoli has 12g of carbs, (per cup) but 6 are fiber. So it only has 6g of carbs!
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Yes Operadiva.....I sure do. What happens is something somewhere else adds up, today it was the splendas and the wrap, which I usually have daily....splenda with coffee and my wrap is with lunch most days.....I do eat alot of fiber rich veggies....but also maybe a bit carby....just not counting them anymore.....cause I figure if it is not crap, I am ok....ketosis is key right now if I can get there I will be happy.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    The problem is, if you're going over 25 grams regularly, including those leafy greens, you will have a very hard time reaching ketosis. Eating under 25 grams of carbs really can be done and quite easily. I ate 20-25 grams of carbs for the whole month of March and half of the month of April. I had to stop because of some medical issues, but I really do love to eat low carb when I'm trying to lose weight. LOL It just plain works.

Do you really NEED the wrap? I'm betting that's a good chunk of your carb count and I don't think it's part of what's allowed during induction anyway. I used to just put everything one might put into a wrap into a huge romaine and baby spinach salad. Turkey, cheese, veggies, etc. went in there and with some olive oil and vinegar or blue cheese dressing and it was very low carb. Some lunches I'd eat tuna, chicken or egg salad using celery as a scoop.

Change things up a little. Check the Atkins site for recipe ideas. I'm betting you can make a good go of the low carb lifestyle if you really give it a try.
  • sassiebritches
    Options
    Yeah I could do without the wraps for sure, thats a conscious choice, I lost 19 pounds the first time I did Atkins. I suppose I could throw them in the freezer for an occasional meal.....Will try it out the remainder of the month.

Thanks