Most important macros for weight loss?

Options
Hi all! I'm loving keeping track of what I eat, but would love to figure out what my body needs the most nutrient - wise to lose the weight I want to lose...any thoughts or ways to figure out specifically what my body needs most to optimize weight loss AND overall health? Forgive me if this doesn't make any sense lol...I'm somewhat new to the tracking and awareness of my overall nutrition!

Replies

• metrabolic
    metrabolic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I stick to high fat low carb macros. I wouldn't say quite keto diet, but as low carb as I can. 75% fat 20% protein, 5% carb. Lost about 12 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    All of them, although protein tends to help you be less hungry. It's your choice, really. Weight loss is more about calories and less about macros. Macros are just there for sanity purposes (less hungry) and muscle retention (less muscle loss).
  • jennifervfoster
    jennifervfoster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    metrabolic wrote: »
    I stick to high fat low carb macros. I wouldn't say quite keto diet, but as low carb as I can. 75% fat 20% protein, 5% carb. Lost about 12 lbs in 3 weeks.

Wow. What is a typical day like for you? I don't eat bread or grain, but fruit always gets me in carbs!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you don't need to ever go low carb if you don't want to. Why deprive yourself of the things you love to achieve the same results you would doing it in a way that is easier for you? Now if cutting out carbs IS the easiest thing you would stick to, that's a different story. In my opinion people usually like to over-complicate things. The best macro balance for you is one that contains as much protein as you can comfortably handle (even if it's on the lower side), enough fat to function, and all the foods you like regardless of macros. The best program is the easiest program to follow and stick to, and that's a different thing for each of us.