How long was it before others noticed?

Options
13»

Replies

• Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    About 2months after I first started my boyfriend's mum noticed, well shrieked it actually, which led my boyfriend to noticing but he hasn't mentioned anything else. My best friend noticed 4 months in. My parents knew and everyone else hasn't noticed/hasn't mentioned it...
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My wife was the person aware of my WOE and noticed around 30lbs which is when i went down a notch belt. Comments from all else was around 90lbs and a change of progress clothes (Size 66 to 50)
  • ajohnson1010
    ajohnson1010 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    As of this morning I'm down 58lbs. I think people started noticing around 40lbs. I have found it weird that people don't actually tell me but have told other people that I look like I've lost and then those people tell me. I also work with a bunch of women and I honestly think they are envious even though I still weigh more than them. I can tell a huge difference and I feel much better so what other people think is really not that important to me but compliment here and there is motivating. :D
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    My first comments came at about 2 months when I had lost about -40 pounds. I did not tell anyone I was trying to lose weight. After that, comments and compliments came all the time. I lost 160+ pounds and have been on maintenance for almost 16 months. The comments were very motivating for me and kept me going forward.
  • thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm down 28lbs in the last two months and so far only one person has noticed or at least said something. I don't even really notice it myself yet.
  • keckk3
    keckk3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    7 weeks in, 15lbs down and just this past week a co-worker hesitantly asked if I had been losing weight. Also this past week I just barely noticed my face is a little more slim. I'm a pretty big person so 15lbs doesn't seem like much for me. Different body styles/weights can show minimal or huge differences for the same amount of weight lost. Keep at it and take pictures every few weeks for motivation, and give yourself credit for those NSVs!
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    About 15 pounds, then my co-workers noticed.
  • katya_be
    katya_be Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It took about 2 months.. and it has been over a year already and people still notice.. people that I see at least once a month.. Either they were afraid to ask or they really didn't notice until way later
  • iamnotjess
    iamnotjess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm only about 10lbs in. My roommate said something, but he's seen my eating habits change. Another one of my friends pointed to my stomach the other day and said I looked smaller that usual. She's seen my eating habits change too, but I think a lot of the bloat from junk food has gone away. I'm not really expecting any one to say anything until about 25lbs in....HOPEFULLY! It's a nice thing to hear. I find it extremely motivating. Even the passive aggressive comments. :smiley:
  • barbre64
    barbre64 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work retail - and three different regular customers have noticed my weight loss. And just last week a co-worker noticed - and I'm down 79 lbs. now!! Some people take a while to notice and then its a "wow" moment! Feeling so much better now! Stick with the program - it really works!!!
  • cmoll520
    cmoll520 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17lbs since jan 1 (down from 175 to 158)- I've gotten a couple comments from coworkers and my husband.
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7ish, started at 275 and lost 40 lbs in the past couple months and my boyfriend is starting to notice more but I really don't think it's sunk in that much. I still have a lot to lose so I just feel like a smaller version of my fat self right now, but getting there! I'm sure once I lose another 20 or so it'll be more evident to him. lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!