Say NO to Junk Food! (Emotional eaters)

Options
Taran89
Taran89 Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2015 in Motivation and Support
''Don't reward yourself with junk food. You're not a dog''. Eat well! ☺️

You can do it guys! This quote made me eat strawberries with nuts and seeds instead of that cheesecake in the fridge. Feel better for it!

I often eat high calorie foods whenever I feel emotional or low and a lot of the time I can't stop. So not meaning any offence to anyone with this post.

Obviously you can eat anything you want while sticking to a well balanced diet.

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm having two servings of ice cream tonight because it fits into my calories. It's not a reward, it's just how I eat.

And still not a dog.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    2/10, will not be back
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    No thanks. The 70 pounds I've lost so far tells me it's not necessary.

Also not a dog.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I'll say no to your face.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I eat whatever I like - just less of it.

<---- and I'm a cat! :wink:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I had a cupcake for breakfast.

Look, people should definitely be filling out most of their calories with nutrient-dense foods. They should pay some attention to their macros and micros. And obviously with a reduced calorie goal it's harder to fit the high-calorie/lower - nutrition foods in. But no one has to cut them completely unless they want to or need to for medical reasons.

tl; dr version: I do what I want.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    lol ok thanks OP.
    QigVE.gif

you do you and i'll do wendy's.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    no thanks OP, I will keep fitting in my ice cream and cheesecake and losing weight at the same time..

• ndj1979
    Options
    tumblr_njs7mnwsy71qksa6qo4_250.gif
  • ndj1979
    Options
    tumblr_nd3kvuajZr1rrb9xco5_250.gif
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Sorry, life's too short. I *earn* my treats with exercise and mindful eating.
  • Taran89
    Options
    Sorry guys for not being so clear. I didn't mean to say no altogether.

I think for me at this moment in time, saying no to junk food is such a big thing because i am an emotional eater and I will eat junk food all day long even if I am full. Obviously in moderation having such things can be okay. So definitely, if you have a balanced diet then it's okay to have these things. But I will eat junk all day long which is why I uploaded such a hard nut quote for others in my position.

I have to say No to limit myself and finding substitutes at this moment in time allows me to build up that mental strength to help motivate myself and to also make me realise I can eat clean and still find the same satisfaction, if not better.

If you guys have any great ideas to help people who are emotional eaters, I would love to hear it. Xx
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake is full of fat filling fats, what's 'junk' about it?

And I have nothing to reward myself for. I just like eating some things, and they fit in my calories.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Taran89 wrote: »
    ''Don't reward yourself with junk food. You're not a dog''. Eat well! ☺️

You can do it guys! This quote made me eat strawberries with nuts and seeds instead of that cheesecake in the fridge. Feel better for it!
    1291371993_cartman-whateva-i-do-what-i-want.gif

Getting my permanent residency renewed is well worth the cream puff I ate to celebrate. I have no problems using food as a reward. Just because you do, doesn't mean everyone does. I'm allergic to penicillin, but I don't go around telling people to stop using it.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

If you guys have any great ideas to help people who are emotional eaters, I would love to hear it. Xx

Get professional help as to "why" you choose food as a coping mechanism. You're not the first nor will you be the last person to get help for it. My coping mechanism had been alcohol..........

That in my opinion will help you the best.

• ndj1979
    Options

I think for me at this moment in time, saying no to junk food is such a big thing because i am an emotional eater and I will eat junk food all day long even if I am full. Obviously in moderation having such things can be okay. So definitely, if you have a balanced diet then it's okay to have these things. But I will eat junk all day long which is why I uploaded such a hard nut quote for others in my position.

I have to say No to limit myself and finding substitutes at this moment in time allows me to build up that mental strength to help motivate myself and to also make me realise I can eat clean and still find the same satisfaction, if not better.

stop viewing food as "bad" "junk" "good" etc...food does not have a value, it is just energy that you use to fuel your body.

when you stop viewing food as "bad" or "junk" then you will not feel bad when you indulge in certain things. Just make sure to hit your calorie/micro/macro goal for the day.

OR

if you really have an issue, just keep said foods out of the house...however, I think you will have better long term sustainable results if you learn to moderate your intake and not assign values to food.
  • Taran89
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

stop viewing food as "bad" "junk" "good" etc...food does not have a value, it is just energy that you use to fuel your body.

when you stop viewing food as "bad" or "junk" then you will not feel bad when you indulge in certain things. Just make sure to hit your calorie/micro/macro goal for the day.

OR

if you really have an issue, just keep said foods out of the house...however, I think you will have better long term sustainable results if you learn to moderate your intake and not assign values to food.

Hmm.. I never really thought about it like that. Great point. Thanks.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Do dogs eat 'junk' food? Wonder if there's a canine equivalent of Mcdonalds....

I made the most yummy cheesecake for my husband's birthday last year, a peanut butter one. I wouldn't say it was junk, although it had far too many calories in it to eat regularly!

If you're an emotional eater I suppose you need to figure out what sets you off, and make sure you have small portions of whatever you like in your house then you can't overeat.

I'm pretty careful with what I eat most of the time, but I like a treat now and again.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    My dogs eat very well and are not rewarded with junk
  • ndj1979
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

OR

Hmm.. I never really thought about it like that. Great point. Thanks.

you are welcome, and glad to be of service...

I figure if I reach one person out of a thousand on here, mission accomplished.