Hope it works

Options
Hi
I m a newbie, background ~after my Mom passed away in May,2014 I started eating comfort foods, pasta, fast food, candy tons of carbs,
Now, I realize I must get back on track, I started doing crossfit in December 2014, although its grueling and I wonder what in Hell I m doing I continue on. I have an awesome coach who inspires me even I feel I cannot go on.
But no amount of exercise will get weight off if diet is wrong so here I am ;)

Replies

• Grumpy_Marmot
    Options
    I am sorry to hear about the loss of you mother. That can be a life changing event. MFP is just a tool with a great support network, YOU need to decide if this is your goal and only you will determine if you succeed of not. That said, I would be happy to cheer you along and motivate you when your in need (and not...)!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Good luck to ya.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! You got this! :smiley:
  • andykhan007
    andykhan007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tell you it works I've using it for three year
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm so sorry you lost your Mom :'(

I also miss my mum two years later

You're so right in saying it doesnt matter about the exercise if we dont have control over our eating which is also why I am here. I'm having a go at IF intermittent fasting as the "normal' diet just doesnt work for me anymore and so far this week have lost 2kg. It seems to take away my craving for sugar and carbs. The exercise will help with the healing of grief.
  • goldfox23
    goldfox23 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    thanks guys!! it s good to know I have support group.
    what seems be helpful is alot of working out at the gym. This summer I had a trainer who introduced me to functional workouts. These sessions got some me outa my funk, as started working out hard and sweating began to feel better immediately.
    Then in November I took a crossfit class I loved it !!
    I have injuries but my coach modifies my work out so that I can at least try the workouts with the rest of class. So in January I started to go twice a week now I m up to 3 x /week and starting to feel strong again. I have not dropped alot of weight but feel so much better and the sorrow is lifting.
    I am thankful for my coach as he is helping me emotionally as well as physically.
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your mom. Agree any major loss can have a huge effect on our lives and health, eating, etc. But glad that you are here. It's a great support system. You can do this!!!!