sleep apnea

Options
I'm trying to lose weight to help combat sleep apnea. It can be done just need a little support. I will lose the weight!

Replies

• Alphabet929
    Alphabet929 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had apnea for years as well. I had a bunch of doctors tell me I was stuck with it forever. Then I had one doctor who believed I could rid my life of it. First step was lose weight and change my eating habits. I did and it worked. Apnea free and loving it. You can do it. Good luck!
  • map37692
    map37692 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to rid myself of a cpap machine.
  • 003yolanda
    003yolanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    firenut wrote: »
    I had apnea for years as well. I had a bunch of doctors tell me I was stuck with it forever. Then I had one doctor who believed I could rid my life of it. First step was lose weight and change my eating habits. I did and it worked. Apnea free and loving it. You can do it. Good luck!

Wow! Didn't know that could happen! Great work!
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I definitely support that decision! I haven't been diagnosed with sleep apnea myself but I have noticed since I've gained weight I actually snore before I even am asleep in certain positions, so I hope it helps to lose weight! It's not only annoying feeling myself snore but it's not safe so definitely good luck at feeling better!
  • 003yolanda
    003yolanda Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OhReally42 wrote: »
    I definitely support that decision! I haven't been diagnosed with sleep apnea myself but I have noticed since I've gained weight I actually snore before I even am asleep in certain positions, so I hope it helps to lose weight! It's not only annoying feeling myself snore but it's not safe so definitely good luck at feeling better!

Thanks!