HEART PALPITATION/PVCS SUPPORT PAGE!

Options
I created a Facebook page to support others who suffer from mild to severe heart palpitations, Pvcs, cardiac arrythmia, and more. I have met a few people on MFP who were going through the same thing as me, as well as trying to lose weight and live a healthy life! I would love it if ANYONE could share the page, or let anyone know who they think is going through the same thing. I would really like to meet people that I can relate to. MFP is full of amazing people, so I'm pretty confident someone will help out! Thank you! (:

https://www.facebook.com/HeartPalpitationSupport?ref=stream

Replies

• CalWalker
    Options
    I dont know if WPW counts
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have had them occasionally, lately a bit more. About six years ago I had them really bad, so bad I almost drove myself to the ER. But since I've lost weight and don't eat as much they seem to be so much better. But my sister recently had a really bad bout with them. She went to the cardiologist and they fitted her with a harness for 24 hours and did register a lot of the palps. But they said they were benign and gave her a beta blocker. She also has found that they got worse when she ate too much. So she has since gone on a diet and they have gotten better. But I do hear of a lot of people suffering with this condition.
  • thebrianmo
    Options
    I have a good many PVCs due to having heart failure. So I can totally relate. I will check the page out on FB. :-)
  • julesw734
    Options
    I was born with heart disease and got a difibulator/pacemaker by the time I was 24.Major open heart surgery at 30 and just found out at 34 need more surgery with possible heart transplant in a couple years.. I was 90 to 130 pounds until I got sick where all I could do was work and go home and rest for the night.. I gained 50 pounds in a year.. 2009 I got my heart surgery 2 days before my 30th and until this month I was doing well enough to exercise ; yoga, steps, dancing, strength exercises and yoga.. hopefully after this next procedure I can start again... I lost 36 pounds in 3 years I know it is not much, but the first year in a half I was recovering.. Now I am proud to say I am finally 144 pounds.. I think it is great that you made this page. It is hard to do exercises when you feel like your chest is about to burst and alot of people really do not understand that... Thank you again... Jules
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Anything heart related counts! It's a place people can talk about it!
  • YennaBean
    YennaBean Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I was born with heart disease and got a difibulator/pacemaker by the time I was 24.Major open heart surgery at 30 and just found out at 34 need more surgery with possible heart transplant in a couple years.. I was 90 to 130 pounds until I got sick where all I could do was work and go home and rest for the night.. I gained 50 pounds in a year.. 2009 I got my heart surgery 2 days before my 30th and until this month I was doing well enough to exercise ; yoga, steps, dancing, strength exercises and yoga.. hopefully after this next procedure I can start again... I lost 36 pounds in 3 years I know it is not much, but the first year in a half I was recovering.. Now I am proud to say I am finally 144 pounds.. I think it is great that you made this page. It is hard to do exercises when you feel like your chest is about to burst and alot of people really do not understand that... Thank you again... Jules

I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But at the same time I'm glad you've remained strong! But yes, it's hard for people around me to understand what I'm going through.. that's what I made the page for. Not just PVCs.. but anything that makes us not able to do the things we want to do. It really sucks.. we all need someone to relate to once in a while don't ya think? :smile:
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'll have quick bouts of shortness of breath and it feels like my heart goes racing for like 3-4 seconds ... what's that?? It can be real scary.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,692 Member
    Options
    gdortiz wrote: »
    I'll have quick bouts of shortness of breath and it feels like my heart goes racing for like 3-4 seconds ... what's that?? It can be real scary.
    There's no way for me to know if what is happening to you is the same as me, but I have atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter. The flutter gives me that feeling, except and as time goes on, it gets worse.

I was diagnosed because it happened at the doctors office. Previously I'd been told it was probably panic, because it was hard for them to catch it in action, and it was gone by the time I got to the doctor.

I now have a little "Pulse oximeter" (the kind of heart monitor you can put on your finger) and can tell what is happening by the rhythm pattern showing up on the screen.

Best wishes!
  • AnnieRN6
    AnnieRN6 Posts: 48
    edited February 2015
    Options
    gdortiz, you need to make an appointment with a cardiologist. it could be PVCs, or atrial fibrillation. It isn't a panic attack or emotional. It sounds like a cardiac issue and might not be a big deal, but you need to make sure.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have a history of atrial fibrillation. I would just pop into afib at various times of stress, and after many conversions to get me back to into sinus rhythm over a 5 year period, I finally had a cardiac ablation in 2010 because I did not want to be on blood thinners and heart meds the rest of my life. Since that time, I have had only a few bouts of PVCs which are now controlled with 400mg of magnesium a day.
  • czander1968
    czander1968 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with PVC's and they scare me enough to not exercise therefore gaining 40lbs in 12 years. I also have anxiety panic disorder. My dad has had afib and just had a new defibrillator pace maker put in with extra leads. I am happy for you! It scares me!!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Since I lost my weight (45 lbs) and exercise consistently, palpitations are almost completely gone. They used to happen daily, at times it seemed non stop. Now they only happen at that time of the month, and nothing like before!!
  • michellelhodges123
    michellelhodges123 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have duel arrthymia's on meds to control the worst! Have had one cardiac ablation done..will be my call on doing another..sorry first one was hell! Have problems with electrolytes staying in balance. PVC's are worse at night...do have some limitations..but I'm working around those!
  • MelWick524
    MelWick524 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Pvcs & nsvt here :) I could go on & on about them...but...I'm dealing pretty well right now & don't want to jinx it lol
  • atipton719
    atipton719 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've recently been told I have PVCs. I've never felt anything out of the ordinary. I do have high blood pressure and chronic hives. I take medications for both. I'm a long distance runner and run 30-40 miles a week. My doctor told me to stop all activity until I see a cardiologist. I had to wear a Holter monitor for 24 hours on Thursday. I felt fine until I had to wear the monitor and then I had such severe anxiety I couldn't function. I was completely unable to work, clean my house, etc. I cried almost all day. They told me I could walk or or vacuum for exercise, but even that was difficult because I was so upset. I'm worried now that I completely messed up the monitor results. I wrote down on my log when I was crying, etc. I also made a note that I was totally ok until I wore the monitor and then I just lost it. Will they be able to tell that I had anixiety or have I completely screwed things up?
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I had a tachycardia (AV Nodal Re-entrant, to be exact). Every now and then a shift in position (say, going to do a burpee) would trigger an event where my heart would race by as much as 240 bpm for over 30 minutes. It was terrifying, to say the least. A couple years ago, I decided to assume the risks of the surgery and it was a big success. I've not had an event since.

I know not everyone here is struggling with that same diagnosis or even has a surgical option, but if you do and have questions, please send me a PM. I'm happy to share. Since then, I've had NO restrictions on my fitness. I've lost over 30 pounds, run a half marathon, lifted heavy, and sprint intervals regularly.

Good luck everyone, I know how scary heart issues can be.
  • czander1968
    Options
    Have had PVC's for off an on for 12 years. Since Oct '14 they have been worse and even more so the last few weeks. I haven't been to the doctor about them, I do have anxiety/panic disorder and have really finally been able to work out more often the last two months and I am happy about that!! I guess getting my confidence back!
  • czander1968
    Options
    I am 46 and have been a group fitness instructor but stopped due to the anxiety and PVC's
    Hormonal since they are worse? Maybe. I guess a doctor appointment is necessary! I just want to feel normal!!
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I have been having heart palpitaitions on and off for a few months. Going through major personal stress, which explains most of it, but I quit coffee for 2 weeks, upped my magnesium and then went away. As soon as I started drinking coffee they were back. I guess I need to quit coffee for good.