20 pounds to go

Options
Day 1..... Ready set.... Good bye 20 pounds!!!

Replies

• carltonlarsen
    carltonlarsen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good on you! Go for it. It's working for me. I have lost about that much over the last 3 months. It works if you stay honest and stick to it.
  • lgeo91
    lgeo91 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    me too:) Lets do it!
  • aesw311
    aesw311 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 20 pounds too
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Stay focus and good luck!
  • KayleeU
    KayleeU Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    lgeo91 wrote: »
    me too:) Lets do it!
    Yes!! We got it'

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Go get it!
  • KayleeU
    Options
    Thanks all! I lost 20 pounds a couple years ago.... And I couldn't be more excited to start back up and loose an additional 20 pounds. Hardwork and dedication to diet and fitness helped me and I know once I get going again I will be unstoppable.
  • MissMelissa514
    MissMelissa514 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I've lost 60 so far and trying for another 10
  • KayleeU
    Options
    Wow!!!! That is awesome great job to you!!!! I have lost 30 pounds but gained 10 back... .. But it was a long time ago... I'm ready to loose the rest 20 more is my goal!
  • VikkaVoss
    Options
    Fantastic! You can do it again, for good this time, Kaylee. I've got 17 to lose, so I'm right beside you! We can reach out goals.

And, wonderful work, MN Martens! Wow, you're an inspiration!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am at my goal weight now, all in all I have taken off about 25 pounds over the last couple of years. You can do it, don't expect it to come off quickly, the math won't let you do that. Keep in mind that one pounds equals 3500 calories, and with you having to lose 20 pounds it's going to be difficult to cut your calories down 7000 a week to lose 2 pounds. As I kept losing I had to learn to be happy with a 1/4 pound a week and ecstatic with a 1/2 pound loss in a week. Only the super obese, those accustomed to eating 5000 to 7000 calories a day, that go on a calorie reduction of less than1500 can expect to lose several pounds in a week, but even they slow down as they continue to lose.

Weight loss is simply calories in versus calories out.

Be faithful about logging in every day, be patient and determined and you'll get there. Good luck to all of you, you can do this!
  • daralydia
    daralydia Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to lose 20 too, would love to share in the moral support!
  • KayleeU
    Options
    Thanks for the great message hearthwood! It's nice to be reminded that it will be tough... 2 pounds is aggressive for me because I am not overweight ... I'm just trying to get to my ideal weight. I like results fast because it motivates me to keep going... But I do understand I will need to be very dedicated to loose these 20 pounds!