Looking to change things up...

Options
I work out 6 days a week. I eat gluten free due to health issues. I like to prep meals for the week, but am getting tired of chicken, rice, and broccoli. Lately I have been lazy and just do a sandwich on gluten free bread or eating whatever is brought into the office (work in a medical office and get a lot of lunches). I notice since I started lifting weights (only 2 days a week), I am more hungry on the days after. So trying to find filling foods on those days so I do not go over my calorie limit. What does a typical day look for most? I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks and stay within my calories (1500 to 1800 a day depending on what I do). I just am looking for new idea's. Thanks.

Replies

• saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Try fish for changes.
  • Ni_kki
    Ni_kki Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cabbage and Turkey Kielbasa - (don't know if there is gluten filler in the sausage though) Super easy to make and tastes great!

I just toss a bunch of cabbage, bell peppers, sometimes mushrooms in a pan with some olive oil, saute it a while then add the sausage till it's warm. Season with whatever tastes good for you.

I also don't try to stick to the 3 meal rule.. I eat pretty evenly throughout the day. Look for foods with higher fiber and protein, you'll feel satiated longer.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Protein and fats keep me sated longer.
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Really don't like fish. I have tried so many different ways and just can't seem to get into fish. :(
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    HOw much do you weigh, what is your weekly weight loss goal? What does MFP suggest for maintenance? YOu just may not be eating enough. I've been eating 2100 but it hasn't felt like enough, and I've been losing faster than expected despite no changes in activity and actually skipping my once-a-week solo cardio session. I do not use MFP generated numbers.

I also don't really like fish much. Only like tuna, salmon, tilapia, and trout. I think I liked halibut as well. It's a texture and smell thing for me mostly. I prefer to bake or pan fry the fish.

Also why would you just be eating a bro diet? I eat any and all food. Red meat, fish, dark meat, generally fattier versions if that's what I desire, nothing is off limits. So you can eat beef and pork and bacon and whatnot, and any veggie, any fruit, any grain... that will probably help with your boredom and as a result help you find more filling foods. In for protein and fat for satiety as well. I'm not often hungry outside of long periods between meals, so you can look through my diary for ideas of what kind of things work for me.. but I'm also eating more food than you. 157ishlbs, 5'7, work out 4-5hrs a week (mostly lifting), student.
  • maxphia32
    maxphia32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and about 158. I eat all meat, fish is hard. Tuna for some reason is not, but it has to be in mayo. Like I have said, I have tried fish every other way cannot stand it. I love grains, but have to be gluten free. Just looking for other menu idea's. I am currently stuck with oatmeal, banana's, and almond butter for dinner. A sandwich for lunch with a fruit, and dinner is a protein and a veggie. In between I have a hard boil egg, veggies, a fruit and a bar. Just looking to change it up a bit. I guess doing it for over a month I need something different.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    YOucan eat nuts, you can eat rice crackers, peanut butter is gluten free There is no need for you to eat the sames foods over and over Have a steak, a baked potatoe and a salad, or lemonade chicken and rice and carrots, or quinoa and kale (costco makes a prepacked just microwave one) broccoli and ham you get the idea. Variety is great for the body.