I'm needing some snack ideas.

Options
What are your snacks?

To me all I crave is salt and vinegar chips I want them so much right now especially on movie night although have held myself and am having a coffee as its cold to o to supermarket.

I don't want to eat nuts so any ideas ?

Thank you :)

Replies

• kayeiam
    kayeiam Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have an open food diary, I eat 3 snacks a day, but they are healthy snacks
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on fruits, granola bars, yogurts, chips, ice cream, chocolate, danish bread, cookies, etc... I make these things fit into my daily calories. Like if I want chips - I'll serve myself a serving or two, put the bag away (out of sight, out of mind), enjoy what I have in front of me. I don't deny myself anything, it's just about portion control. :drinker:
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Fruit, peanutbutter, crackers, sliced turkey wrapped around a pickle, cheese strings/wedges, protein shake, yoghurt, nuts ect.

Personally I don't eat any of those, my snacks are beverages (coffee and tea) with a cracker or two. But they are ideas.
  • shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    You can make roasted chickpeas (they taste kind of like cornuts, although you can make cinnamon and sugar flavored ones or others).

Homemade trail mix - seeds, fruit, cereal, or whatever dried things you'd like in it.

make your own potato chips with a mandolin slicer, only bake 'em. They turn out pretty good. You can do this with other root veggies, too, if you slice them thin enough. Beet chips are rather sweet and nice (and I am NOT a fan of beets)
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I love veggies with hummus, fruit, hard boiled eggs,
  • EarlyBirdBex
    EarlyBirdBex Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I eat the 60 calorie cheese sticks, light yogurt, apples, and KIND bars.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Apples with peanut butter or Nutella, clementines, peanut butter, jelly, and banana sandwiches, single serving portions of cracker jacks or baked chips are some of the snacks that I like.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Fruit (when we have it), hard cooked eggs. Wish we had an air-popper, we could have some air-popped corn.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veg, cottage cheese, crab sticks and celery with hummus are my usual snacks.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    beef jerky, pop chips, dark chocolate, yogurt, laughing cow cheese with arnolds lite bread, quest bar, berries, pop corn, vita top chocolate muffins (100 calories), PB2, white cheddar rice cakes...
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I eat Greek yogurt, Quest protein bars, fresh fruit like grapes and a banana to name a few.
  • tnwlkr43
    tnwlkr43 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I like fruit, SF Jello and fat free yogurt.
  • shaddowstorm
    shaddowstorm Posts: 155 Member
    Options

hey thank you so much I am def going to try these.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    apples, yogurt, celery dipped in humus, boiled eggs, cottage cheese, fresh veggies
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    String cheese or other cheese sticks, mini babybel cheeses, cut up apples, cucumbers, celery, carrots, snap peas, almonds or other 100 calorie packs of nuts. jerky, hummus with the veggies, 100 calorie pack of guacamole or hummus with veggies.
  • shraniken
    shraniken Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit, bananas mostly. If I get tired of them, I just start making smoothies.

Also have french toast every morning, which is pretty much a dessert. Sometimes I'll get sugar free pudding, but man, pudding. How do you not just eat it all up?
  • lovelylightz
    lovelylightz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Sugar free popsickles, Parfaits ( Greek yogurt, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, peanut butter) carrot sticks or snap peas w/ hummus, wheat thins crackers, dark chocolate chips, herbal teas, eggwhites, a hot drink ( latte, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, specialty coffee beverages ) dry unsalted peanuts...
  • kxforg
    kxforg Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving salt I do popcorn in a pot on the stove with just a bit (no more than a couple of tablespoons) of olive oil. Then I toss with truffle infused salt, but I bet there is a recipe out there that can show how to do salt and vinegar popcorn. Hmm might just look it up right now cause it sounds yummy. Otherwise I lean toward fruit for my snacks and sugar free pudding for desserts.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Different types of healthy snacks you can use like snap peas, apples, cucumbers. This is really helpful for you.