Accountability partners! (bing eating)

Options
Hi there!
This is my first post so I'm not quite sure how all this works, but I'm desperately looking for accountability partners trying to lose the last bit of weight! I only have about 10 pounds to lose, but have been unable to lose it due to binge eating. I can't regain the control over eating that I once had. Once I start to binge I don't stop. I eat pretty healthily during the week, but on certain nights and through the weekend I have eaten embarrassing amounts of food. My biggest motivator is people, and because I don't want to tell friends or family, I'm looking on here for support!
If your going through the same things and just need some accountability- feel free to add, message me, whatever! :smile:

Replies

• keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:)
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Best thing is to not even buy stuff that you want to binge on. This will force you to think of options. One is to buy healty snacks that you only eat at a certain time and eat the correct portion. What kinds of food do you eat when binge eating?
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me :)
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Also, negative calorie foods like spinach are great for that.
  • misskatj
    misskatj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Best thing is to not even buy stuff that you want to binge on. This will force you to think of options. One is to buy healty snacks that you only eat at a certain time and eat the correct portion. What kinds of food do you eat when binge eating?

I really do like eating healthy, so I don't keep any junk food around. The problem is I'll stock up on healthy snacks and then end up binging on them. I've eaten the occasional too many cookies, but mostly just whatever I have -nuts, granola bars, fruit, wasa crackers- I'll eat way over portion size in one sitting
  • atiahrascoe
    Options
    I understand and the biggest problem time for me is at work sitting in my desk feels like a cubicle because the lack of work that i have currently leads me to boredom snacking. I drink over a gallon of water but i cant help it..... i can but thats my excuse
  • LoveListenSavour
    Options
    Add me! I'm in the exact same situation as you right now and just joined the forums today.
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Dealing with the same situation. Adding you now.
  • photogirl1978
    photogirl1978 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • runem2011
    runem2011 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too have my moments where I eat something and then go mad,and can't stop, last night for instance I fancied chocolate, but instead of having a milkybar and stopping, I then went on to eat a bag of revels and minstrels, luckily my workouts compensated me. But that isn't always the case.
    Feel free to add me
  • misskatj
    misskatj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    runem2011 wrote: »
    I too have my moments where I eat something and then go mad,and can't stop, last night for instance I fancied chocolate, but instead of having a milkybar and stopping, I then went on to eat a bag of revels and minstrels, luckily my workouts compensated me. But that isn't always the case.
    Feel free to add me

Totally understand! And I definitely have to rely on workouts afterwards as well, otherwise I'd keep gaining weight from all the food I ate or just feel bloated the rest of the week. It's not a fun feeling
  • dinosaurparty
    dinosaurparty Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I'm trying to loose about the same amount of weight, and I have a tendency to cave in where sweets are involved :( Used to be a major binger, but I've improved a lot over the last couple years :)