Tips

Options
Hi I'm just getting started on my weight loss journey any tips on foods,weighing foods etc!

Replies

• megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Honestly the only thing you really need to know about food is to keep it in your calorie and nutrition range. As long as you have those the weight will come off. Try to keep it healthy but it's OK to splurge every once in a while. The most important thing I can tell you is DO NOT LIE when entering anything if you can't be honest then you are setting your self up for failure.
  • r5d5
    r5d5 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I would just mention what you mentioned yourself...weigh your foods! Do not use cups or tablespoons. (like what the heck is even a cup of pasta? You can totally over pack a cup or tablespoon.) Buy a scale, and be honest and record everything you eat/drink.

Best wishes to you.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Yes to the food scale. Also anything else you can throw money at like gadgets for the kitchen: crock pot, good blender / food processor/ nutribullet/, handy tupperware -type containers for storing as you might be cooking more at home than you used to.
    (You will use cups for liquids of course -- liquids don't get weighed.)

Put away stuff in the kitchen that is going to be in the way of your new life. Give away foods that you have around that do not fit into the plan.
    Good luck. :)
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Try to prelog your meals for the day. Before bed, I'll decide what im cooking tomorrow and add up all the calories and log them. It makes the day so much easier.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Read all the stickies.