Low Cal salad dressings

Options
I just wanted to share how much I love using Greek yogurt as a base for salad dressing.

Creamy Balsamic- 2 tbsp greek yogurt and 2tbsp balsamic vinegar. Garlic powder and oregano to taste, a dash of EVOO if you'd like, too

Ranch- 2 tbsp GY, 2 tbsp buttermilk, 1/2 tbsp mayo, ranch seasoning

Ceasar- 2 tbsp GY, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, dash of evoo, a dot of anchovy paste, and garlic powder

Mexican inspired dresssing- equal parts GY and taco sauce- no joke, it's that easy and sooo good!

mix together in the bottom of your bowl, then pile on the lettuce, broccoli, or whatever :)

What are some big calorie savers that you've found to be nearly or just as good as the real thing?

Replies

• asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post, I have been looking for some low cal homemade dressing. :D
  • megandhight
    megandhight Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just eat the low cal stuff. I actually love the zesty Italian and it only has like 15 cal per serving. Why would you buy low cal and then add things like mayo which have a high cal content. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being low cal? I'm not trying to be rude I honestly just don't get it.
  • I've never been a big fan of salad dressings. I normally use cottage cheese, salsa or avocado with lemon!
  • kaspatore
    kaspatore Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I just eat the low cal stuff. I actually love the zesty Italian and it only has like 15 cal per serving. Why would you buy low cal and then add things like mayo which have a high cal content. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being low cal? I'm not trying to be rude I honestly just don't get it.

The ranch is the only one with the mayo in it. The full recipe of 6 tbsp of dressing is 60 calories, so only about 30 per serving. I enjoy variety so that's why I prefer to make my own dressings- saves money and I know exactly what's in it. Also, fat is essential to have in salads so that you can use the fat soluble vitamins in the vegetables. If it bothers you that bad, you are welcome to leave out the mayo :)

• time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    kaspatore wrote: »
    I just wanted to share how much I love using Greek yogurt as a base for salad dressing.

Creamy Balsamic- 2 tbsp greek yogurt and 2tbsp balsamic vinegar. Garlic powder and oregano to taste, a dash of EVOO if you'd like, too

Ranch- 2 tbsp GY, 2 tbsp buttermilk, 1/2 tbsp mayo, ranch seasoning

Ceasar- 2 tbsp GY, 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, dash of evoo, a dot of anchovy paste, and garlic powder

Mexican inspired dresssing- equal parts GY and taco sauce- no joke, it's that easy and sooo good!

mix together in the bottom of your bowl, then pile on the lettuce, broccoli, or whatever :)

What are some big calorie savers that you've found to be nearly or just as good as the real thing?

Thanks, they sound yummy and healthy using the Greek yogurt!!