My First 31 days here, and I am down 14 lbs!!

Options
scotts87
scotts87 Posts: 23 Member
I am so thankful I found MFP!! This site, and all the supportive people who share many of the same goals and help make up this community, is just awesome. Its incredibly inspiring seeing the results, after just putting in the effort to track my meals, stay within my calorie target as much as I can, and increase my activity levels.

I started at 260, and today weighed in at 246. I have a long way to go for my ultimate goal, but WOW.....I am so thrilled with this result, and look forward to eventually getting down to where I need to be, in order to live a healthier life!

All the best, and one day at a time....
-Scott

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    congrats. MFP is awesome.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!! One day at a time :)
  • mariamathsgeek
    mariamathsgeek Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!!! well done!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! MFP is the BEST :+1:
  • brooke_e_m
    brooke_e_m Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep up the good work! And Good luck meeting your goals! :)
  • scotts87
    Options
    Thank you thank you B) I have a big challenge ahead in 1 week......cruise vacation. My goal is to not gain any weight. I won't track meals, but I will watch portion sizes, and I will do a ton of walking every day, and try to fit in a little exercise along the way too.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    scotts87 wrote: »
    Thank you thank you B) I have a big challenge ahead in 1 week......cruise vacation. My goal is to not gain any weight. I won't track meals, but I will watch portion sizes, and I will do a ton of walking every day, and try to fit in a little exercise along the way too.

Have a great time!! when you get back get back to logging :)
  • Metruis
    Metruis Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    o.o

Keep in mind that some of that's going to be water weight, of course... so stay strong through your cruise. Earn back some of your 'fun' calories with exercise and you should make it through relatively unscathed! :D
  • scotts87
    Options
    Yup, fully aware a bit of this is water weight. That being the case, the rate will level off eventually as I get closer to my goals. But I have the comfort knowing that this works, and some minor lifestyle changes can really lead to positive results initally. The bigger results will need more hard work and determination, with MFP as the foundation!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • gbcobb0218
    gbcobb0218 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    scotts87 wrote: »

My cruise is coming up at the end of April. I am determined to lose at least 20 lbs by then. It should be doable as long as I stay focused! Enjoy your cruise! We are going to Belize - where are you going?
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • scotts87
    Options
    gbcobb0218 wrote: »
    We are going to Belize - where are you going?

I will have to double check the itinerary, but I believe our stops are Jamacia, Cayman, and Cozumel. 7 days. One year we did a cruise, and one of the stops was Belize! It was a neat experience seeing the country there.....felt very 3rd world.

• lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had success with maintaining on a two week vacation a few years back... I ate salad for one meal or of the day, then whatever I wanted, with reasonable portions, the rest of the day. Just a tip. Good luck!
  • scotts87
    Options
    Good tip!! Thanks TnZMom....I will give that a try
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yes, all the losses will add up to something wonderful! Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!