frustration

I have 15 lbs to lose in the next 3 months and the scale is hovering at 130 lbs. I'm getting so frustrated, I know I'm annoying the people around me but the longer it stays at 130 the less time I have. I don't know what else to do. I'm not sure what to do anymore.

Replies

• skinnynat1
    skinnynat1 Posts: 32 Member
    try changing up your workouts
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Why the deadline?
  • jordanthesword
    jordanthesword Posts: 21 Member
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Why the deadline?

Vacation
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Can you open your diary?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    How tall are you?
  • skinnynat1
    skinnynat1 Posts: 32 Member
    are u doing a workout routine and eating plan
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    What do you do? What is your fitness program? Eating at deficit ? Best general advice is the sexypants guide, easily found here.....but you need to specify what you need help with.
    Basic answers are going to be
    1. eat at modest deficit
    2. log accurately
    3. do some cardio
    4. lift weights

• jordanthesword
    To answer questions: I am 5'2" I work out for 3 hours every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I only do cardio. I don't have weights to work with. I will not be opening my diary, sorry.

Other: I don't eat meat except on occasion. I don't really know how to cook so I used to eat mostly pre-packaged stuff, I've been replacing that with fruit as much as I can. I do not and never will weigh my food on a scale.

I think I'm just stuck. I lost about 6 lbs before I started MFP and I've lost 1lb since I got it. My problem is I don't know how to get unstuck. I look up weight loss things online and I find out I'm doing a lot of the things they suggest and it's kind of disappointing. I know I'm being kind of impatient but I've been stuck at around 130 for quite a while and I'm just losing time. I've looked it up and it's possible to lose 10-15 lbs in 3 months but now I'm worried that I can't.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    If you are confident about your calorie intakes and burns then you just need patient. Change up your workout routine and add some body weight exercises.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    To answer questions: I am 5'2" I work out for 3 hours every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. I only do cardio. I don't have weights to work with. I will not be opening my diary, sorry.

Other: I don't eat meat except on occasion. I don't really know how to cook so I used to eat mostly pre-packaged stuff, I've been replacing that with fruit as much as I can. I do not and never will weigh my food on a scale.

I think I'm just stuck. I lost about 6 lbs before I started MFP and I've lost 1lb since I got it. My problem is I don't know how to get unstuck. I look up weight loss things online and I find out I'm doing a lot of the things they suggest and it's kind of disappointing. I know I'm being kind of impatient but I've been stuck at around 130 for quite a while and I'm just losing time. I've looked it up and it's possible to lose 10-15 lbs in 3 months but now I'm worried that I can't.

You're just going to have to accept the things the way they are. If you refuse to weigh your food, then maybe your body just refuses to lose anymore weight.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    If you aren't losing weight, you aren't eating at a deficit. Since you refuse to weigh you food you are just gonna have to make your portion sizes smaller and smaller until the scale starts moving. The progress will likely be slower since you are just going to be making wild guesses about your cals but eventually the scale will have to move.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I have 15 lbs to lose in the next 3 months and the scale is hovering at 130 lbs. I'm getting so frustrated, I know I'm annoying the people around me but the longer it stays at 130 the less time I have. I don't know what else to do. I'm not sure what to do anymore.

Let me ask you this: if you lose 10 pounds instead of 15 would that be so bad? I ask because deadlines can drive you nuts.

You're going to get some good advice here about tightening up your logging and getting the weight loss started again, but the weight is going to come off on its own schedule. You can't always force your body to lose it as fast as you want and it might be a good idea to step back and try to take some of tge pressure off.

• MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    you don't say how long you have been stuck. If it is just a few weeks, you may not actually be stuck...it could just be water weight. If longer than that, then you just need to eat less or exercise more or some combination of the two.

Yes, it is very possible to lose 15 pounds in three months...I have definitely lost more than that in a shorter time pretty easily. However, I was over 200 pounds at the time. It would probably be EXTREMELY difficult for someone who only weighs 130 because you are already at a healthy weight and have much less to lose.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    First of all, you don't HAVE to lose 15 lbs to go on vacation, you WANT to. If you are tying your enjoyment of your vacation on your weight, you are headed down a dangerous road. 130 is a healthy weight for a woman of your height, and vanity pounds can go slower.

Losing weight is about eating less calories than your body uses. You need to know how many calories you are eating. If you aren't willing to weigh your food or open your diary, there isn't much advice anyone here can give you. You need to plug your stats and goals into MFP and consistently and accurately log your food and exercise.

Considering your current weight and your goal weight, a healthy rate of loss would be half a pound a week, which would be 5-10 lbs in 3 months. If you work in some resistance training, like the body weight exercises mentioned in a previous post, you might not hit the number you want, but you will be lighter and healthy.

If you are hitting your MFP calorie goal and not losing weight, you are most logging incorrectly, either not measuring or eyeballing servings correctly or choosing inaccurate entries.

Read all the stickies, they will really help, especially:

Sexypants

and

Calorie Counting

Good luck
  • jordanthesword

Let me ask you this: if you lose 10 pounds instead of 15 would that be so bad? I ask because deadlines can drive you nuts.

You're going to get some good advice here about tightening up your logging and getting the weight loss started again, but the weight is going to come off on its own schedule. You can't always force your body to lose it as fast as you want and it might be a good idea to step back and try to take some of tge pressure off.

Someone told me that taking a break is good for you. for every so many weeks to take a week off, would that be a good idea? 10 lbs would be just as good as 15 I think. It's more of a see-how-you-look thing.
  • Are you sure you aren't at your natural weight? 130 lbs seems to be a healthy weight for your height depending on how muscular you are and your body type.
  • SideSteel
    If you open your diary then the feedback you get has a much greater chance of actually being helpful.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    If you open your diary then the feedback you get has a much greater chance of actually being helpful.

She said no way, no how, we cannot see the wizard!
  • SideSteel
    My_Butt wrote: »

She said no way, no how, we cannot see the wizard!

Yep, I noticed. I'm just not sure she realizes the importance of actually seeing the data in order to make decisions about the data.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Good luck w/o weighing and measuring your food you have no idea how much your eating!