Cellulite

Options
what has been the best result for getting rid of cellulite on thighs?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Cellulite, for the most part, is here to stay. You can reduce the appearance of it, but mostly by losing excess fat. Mine went from frightening to acceptable with weight loss and heavy lifting.
  • kendrahalloran
    Options
    Noooooo!!! Lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    As mentioned, you can't get "rid" of it. It's in your genes and dictated by predisposition. Being overweight and having higher body fat than needed will make it more noticeable for many. Reducing body fat and training the muscle underneath can help with appearance.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Even competitive bodybuilders and figure competitors still have cellulite. It's less noticeable at lower body fat levels, but it is still there. It's best to learn to accept it and love your body anyway.
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Echo what everyone else has said - you can't spot reduce it, but one thing that has helped me with the appearance of my thighs is using a hand-held shower head in the bath or shower and after your normal ablutions blast your thighs with as hot water as you can stand for about 10-20 seconds followed by freezing cold water for about 10-20 seconds... do this a couple of times after each bath or shower (I also do my calves as well as I originally started doing this to try to help my muscles recover after running). I noticed after a while the cellulite wasn't so obvious on my legs compared with when I was running and not blasting my muscles. I think the hot and cold water might encourage increased blood flow to the area - that might help the appearance (don't know if this is true - just my speculation).
  • arditarose
    Options
    Echo what everyone else has said - you can't spot reduce it, but one thing that has helped me with the appearance of my thighs is using a hand-held shower head in the bath or shower and after your normal ablutions blast your thighs with as hot water as you can stand for about 10-20 seconds followed by freezing cold water for about 10-20 seconds... do this a couple of times after each bath or shower (I also do my calves as well as I originally started doing this to try to help my muscles recover after running). I noticed after a while the cellulite wasn't so obvious on my legs compared with when I was running and not blasting my muscles. I think the hot and cold water might encourage increased blood flow to the area - that might help the appearance (don't know if this is true - just my speculation).

Most likely speculation.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options

NO.
  • arditarose
    Options

NO.

I let you have that one.
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

NO.

I let you have that one.
    :flowerforyou:

• DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly sure I'm 85% cellulite, so I don't think there's any getting rid of it.
  • aimeeblachly
    Options
    I wish you could get rid of it-- but sadly, you can't! :(
  • myfelinepal
    myfelinepal Posts: 13,000 Member
    Options

That's not what most women use the hand held shower head for.
  • arditarose
    Options

My thoughts as well.
  • LittleNell107
    LittleNell107 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

LOL :o

(Other things aside!!!) Yeah - I'm not saying you can get rid of it - I'm saying the approach I used to help my muscles recover also improved the appearance of my cellulite compared with doing the same amount of exercise and not heating and cooling my skin :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

+1

snort +!
  • Cranquistador
    Options
    I was SUPER skeptical of this.....BUT I've been doing the Formastar wraps for 2 months. I do it EVERY other day. I have not missed any sessions AND I did buy the Formastar gel (although it was $99 for the bottle)......It is working!!!! I'm NOT kidding. I started the wrap therapy for muscles aches.....I learned later that the therapy also helps with weightloss and cellulite. It's not overnight improvement. You have to go consistently for about 10-12 visits before you start noticing a difference. I have really noticed a significant decrease in cellulite and it keeps getting better and better.
    I understand there are a lot of home wraps you can do yourself, I go to a spa. I've never tried the home wraps. I HIGHLY recommend the Formastar. I encourage you to do some research on it. It has for sure worked for me. I'm a 38 year old mother of 2....I started out with cellulite on my booty and the back of my legs. I want to add that I have been eating super healthy and exercising almost every day too. But I usually stay pretty active and still didn't see the results that I have seen while including the Formastar.

NO