Im worried a little

Options
Ok so basically, my husband is in the army and is deployed. He will be home in a month and a half. I had a baby just a few months before he left and I have took this deployment to get myself back and shape and more. I have lost a lot and have got down to a pretty small size. I am very happy with where I am, most days. But I still feel like I could use to lose, even though he says I am to skinnny. I think that if I dont keep myself in the "i gotta lose it" mind set then i am going to gain back all my hard work before he comes home...I have a hard time with the maintnance thing and I work out a lot...Im just kinda lost....

Replies

• angtodaycounts
    angtodaycounts Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Why don't you focus on strengthening now instead of the weight loss. Continue to have goals so that you stay focused. Goals such as run so many miles in so many minutes, increase the amount of weight you use/reps you can do, things like that. Hopefully that will help! Good luck and you look awesome!
  • Sta83cy
    Sta83cy Posts: 14
    Options
    I know when my husband was deployed I did the same thing. I went and worked out for a couple of hours every day and then I would take each of my dogs on a 2 mile walk/jog. Mainly what I was doing was keeping myself busy and focused on something other than him being gone. Once he gets back and your routine changes again, you'll notice you aren't working out quite so much and you'll start eating differently. Try and start planning ways for you to maintain once he gets back.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Why don't you focus on strengthening now instead of the weight loss. Continue to have goals so that you stay focused. Goals such as run so many miles in so many minutes, increase the amount of weight you use/reps you can do, things like that. Hopefully that will help! Good luck and you look awesome!

I agree. "Maintenance" isn't really exciting, there's no challenge. Our bodies and minds like, and thrive on, a challenge. Now that you've reached a weight goal, you might be ready for a fitness goal. Maybe sign up for a local 5K, or join a group like Team in Training and who knows? Maybe you'll be running a marathon or competing in a triathlon this time next year...

You've done something amazing with your body, now it's time to celebrate your hard work. Set new goals. Reach them. Then set new ones. Keep yourself interested and motivated by finding out what your body can really DO!

Good luck!
  • MommaMind
    MommaMind Posts: 28
    Options
    Congrats on his return soon! Maybe try working on toning vs losing. Also instead of your weight maybe looks? like say spoil yourself with a new haircut and high lights or something. Pedicure or even a tan. Just stuff that would make you feel better about yourself but not necessarily about losing weight. Just a thought. Enjoy yourself, your baby, and your soldier! You deserve it!
  • AliCat2705
    AliCat2705 Posts: 22
    Options
    Im not to worried about when he comes home. He is a health nut so still working out is not a problem. We are very supportive of eachother in that way. Plus when he works I have time to get my work outs in. I just am worried about blowing it right before he comes home. I can't seem to figure out what to do to just maintain. I know I should take more days off but I never do. And if I force myself I just feel guilty for not working out. Doing more weights is hard for me casue I work out at home. I use a tredmill and I use resistance bands. Thats about it. We did just buy a home gym but I can't put it together till he comes home.

I already did a few 5ks but maybe I just need to set a different goal. I like that idea. Thanks! I have trained for a marathon before, maybe its time I actually do one.