PB2

squishprincess
squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
what do you use it in? ideas/recipes? i've never tried it and i'm open to suggestions of any kind

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I used it for awhile. I put it on toast, rice cakes, mixed it in vanilla greek yogurt once which was surprisingly good. Other people are more creative.
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    I mix it with a banana and chocolate chips and put it on a rice cake or toast. I also put it on apples or pears. I just love it, but I always have to add a little more water.
  • madk312
    madk312 Posts: 1 Member
    I've used it in smoothies.
  • arditarose
    Damn now I wish I had some. I went through two jars just as quickly as regular peanut butter and needed to take a break.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Made a chocolate and peanut butter wedding cake with it once. Chocolate cake with PB2 in the frosting for the peanut butter part.
  • walleyeten
    walleyeten Posts: 31 Member
    I mix it in Cashew milk with a banana and Chocolate whey. :D Its cheaper here:bellplantation.com/
  • squishprincess
    i love real peanut butter too, i usually eat it everyyy day lol. i'm addicted..

but i've always wanted to try out PB2 as well, but never got around to it. but i'm thinking i'm getting some next time i'm in the grocery store :)
  • squishprincess
    omg there's chocolate PB2? i'm getting that as well
  • arditarose
    omg there's chocolate PB2? i'm getting that as well

Yeah, it's pretty good. I mix the two sometimes.

• sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    I find it's a poor substitute for real peanut butter in most traditional peanut butter applications (e.g. sammiches, on apples), but it's AWESOME in a few more unusual things I've tried:

1. Add it to hot cocoa. With or without also adding a pureed banana. OMG my cocoa is so thick and rich and delicious. And now: more protein, more fiber. WIN WIN WIN
    2. Add it to many sweet baked goods or breakfast foods to get peanutty flavor. Love it in oatmeal.
    3. Makes a great addition to Asian peanut sauces. Thickens them right up too, without that hard-to-mix gooeyness from using a lot of real peanut butter. A lot of times I'll use half real pb and half pb2 in a peanut sauce. Because a little fat is a good thing really.
  • squishprincess
    sympha01 wrote: »
    I find it's a poor substitute for real peanut butter in most traditional peanut butter applications (e.g. sammiches, on apples), but it's AWESOME in a few more unusual things I've tried:

1. Add it to hot cocoa. With or without also adding a pureed banana. OMG my cocoa is so thick and rich and delicious. And now: more protein, more fiber. WIN WIN WIN
    2. Add it to many sweet baked goods or breakfast foods to get peanutty flavor. Love it in oatmeal.
    3. Makes a great addition to Asian peanut sauces. Thickens them right up too, without that hard-to-mix gooeyness from using a lot of real peanut butter. A lot of times I'll use half real pb and half pb2 in a peanut sauce. Because a little fat is a good thing really.

i agree, i gotta have the real deal when it comes to sandwiches or toast or w/ sliced veggies or fruit.

but the cocoa idea sounds AMAZING. def trying that soon
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I use it in oatmeal. Mix a bit of sugar and PB2, then cook it, it's delicious. Same mixed with plain Yogurt. Fantastic substitute for PB in baking recipes too.

I've never actually made a paste out of it and eaten it plain though.
  • Lbrobt
    Lbrobt Posts: 13 Member
    PB 2 is good stuff if you want the PB taste without the extra calories...we use it in smoothies mostly....not a HUGE source of protein but def big PB taste for less calories....look on Groupon for good deals.
  • ican_doallthings
    ican_doallthings Posts: 21 Member
    I mixed it with Nutella I bought both of them last week for the first time. Very delicious combination. It tasted like peanut butter and chocolate candy.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I don't use it as pb but it's pretty good adding to things to get a pb flavor. Use it in just about anything. ..especially some nastier chocolate protein powder I had (can't remember brand) it helped make it a better smoothie
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    I bought the chocolate PB2 and add a tbs to my protein shake. It adds a good hint of both the chocolate and peanut butter taste. Good stuff.
  • Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    I made a lower calorie protein version of this peanut butter cheesecake dessert with PB2 recently: http://therecipecritic.com/2015/01/skinny-peanut-butter-cheesecake-bars/

Their recipe is really high calorie even if they call it skinny, so this is what I used instead:

Crust:
    9 sheets chocolate graham crackers
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
    2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate, melted

Filling:
    1 ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
    9 tablespoons PB2
    1.5 scoops unflavored unsweetened whey protein
    1/2 cup equal sweetener

Topping:
    ¼ cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
    4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted for drizzle

I don't know if it's to your taste, but I really loved it. I tried to nix the butter/chocolate from the crust but it kind of needed it. The greek yogurt got stiff just like cream cheese from the powdered ingredients.
  • arditarose
    Mech9 wrote: »
    I made a lower calorie protein version of this peanut butter cheesecake dessert with PB2 recently: http://therecipecritic.com/2015/01/skinny-peanut-butter-cheesecake-bars/

Their recipe is really high calorie even if they call it skinny, so this is what I used instead:

Crust:
    9 sheets chocolate graham crackers
    2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
    2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate, melted

Filling:
    1 ½ cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
    9 tablespoons PB2
    1.5 scoops unflavored unsweetened whey protein
    1/2 cup equal sweetener

Topping:
    ¼ cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
    4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted for drizzle

I don't know if it's to your taste, but I really loved it. I tried to nix the butter/chocolate from the crust but it kind of needed it. The greek yogurt got stiff just like cream cheese from the powdered ingredients.

How many calories in your version?
  • danstensen
    danstensen Posts: 1 Member
    What's the difference between PB2 and peanut flour, besides the cost?
  • arditarose
    danstensen wrote: »
    What's the difference between PB2 and peanut flour, besides the cost?

What is peanut flour?