Les Mills Body Combat

Options
Just looking for some opinion on this workout program. I do turbofire on a regular basis, and have tried Insanity but was unsuccessful in month two (as comparison). Is this program comparable to turbofire? Is it much easier or about the same?

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I just watched a "live" workout on youtube...the chicky is like singing (? kind of) through out the entire warm up! Is she like that in the original dvds too?
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just got bc but haven't done it yet but have completed TF. I think the difference is TF is more "dancing " and bc is more martial arts.
  • Eleanor_82
    Eleanor_82 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do both bodycombat and the turbofire workouts and I like them for different reasons. I feel that sometimes Turbofire is going too fast (or I'm going too slow, more like!) for the punching and kicking moves to really feel like I'm working the muscle as much as I could. It's faster cardio but if you have the whole package then you could mix it up more, like 30 minutes HIIT then 10 minute abs. It eliminates my 'no time' excuses.

The chat and singing with bodycombat can be a wee bit annoying but I think it's a *stronger* workout if that makes sense- you spend more time on each move, pushing muscles to what feels like my limit. The instructors also give you options for kicking height for example and technique tips to make sure you're working the right bits. The bodycombat DVD I do is a good mixture of different martial arts styles as well.