What resistance bands should I buy?

Options
I am doing T25 and it calls for a lot of resistance bands workouts. It calls for a lot of over the shoulder resistance bands exercises.

I bought this thick purple one on amazon and I was completely wrong to buy it. I am about 6'6(not sure how much that matters) but I cannot do half of the resistance band excercises because I cannot extend it over my head. I even gave it to my roommate who is in shape and about the same height and he was unable to.

I already wasted money on this and would prefer to have the next one I buy be the right one. I didnt realize there was a difference in them.

So any suggestions on good resistance bands to buy?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    shail1pc wrote: »

I already wasted money on this and would prefer to have the next one I buy be the right one. I didnt realize there was a difference in them.

I wouldn't say it's a waste of money. They are fantastic for assisting with pullups, just tie it to your pullup bar and then loop it around your feet or knees.
  • hayleyquin
    hayleyquin Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I use Bodylastics. They have a great selection of different bands and have anti-snap tubing which is good to know as I always had a fear they would snap and slap me in the face!
  • gusinott
    gusinott Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of Everlast bands (one medium tension, the other heavy tension), with grips, an ankle cuff and a door-handle loop, to help with various exercises.
  • DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    hayleyquin wrote: »
    I use Bodylastics. They have a great selection of different bands and have anti-snap tubing which is good to know as I always had a fear they would snap and slap me in the face!

Totally agree Bodylastics are high quality item well worth the extra and they stretch a long way so good for 6 foot plus
  • branlovesu
    branlovesu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used to work for elitefts.com and I really like the resistance bands they sell. They dont have handles, but work really well, and you can get a whole pack for a decent price.