Options
13»

Replies

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    mmenna33 wrote:
    I went from 140 to 114 in a very short time . I logged out and I even continued to lose weight maybe because breast feeding ! I went down to 110 !!
    I had some stressful emotional time lately and I was emotionally over eating almost every night I gained some wight almost 10 lbs and rehashed 120-125 lbs ... I am 5'5 tall !
    Going by BMI, you should be 115 - 145 lb.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf
    So at your current weight of 120, you're in a healthy range, though toward the bottom of it.
    Why do you want to lose more & be underweight again, esp. since you're stressing your body by nursing? Why don't you want to be healthy, both for yourself & to take care of your kids?

This calculator from the Baylor College of Medicine will show you how many calories to eat to maintain your current healthy weight, plus how many servings of the various food groups you should eat.
    https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html
    It says that at your current healthy weight of 120 lb, your BMI is 20 and you'd need 1442 cal/day to maintain that healthy weight if you were inactive.
    Change that to being active less than 1 hour per day and you're up to almost 1800 cal.
  • mmenna33
    mmenna33 Posts: 11
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    mmenna33 wrote:
    I went from 140 to 114 in a very short time . I logged out and I even continued to lose weight maybe because breast feeding ! I went down to 110 !!
    I had some stressful emotional time lately and I was emotionally over eating almost every night I gained some wight almost 10 lbs and rehashed 120-125 lbs ... I am 5'5 tall !
    Going by BMI, you should be 115 - 145 lb.
    http://www.shapeup.org/bmi/bmi6.pdf
    So at your current weight of 120, you're in a healthy range, though toward the bottom of it.
    Why do you want to lose more & be underweight again, esp. since you're stressing your body by nursing? Why don't you want to be healthy, both for yourself & to take care of your kids?

This calculator from the Baylor College of Medicine will show you how many calories to eat to maintain your current healthy weight, plus how many servings of the various food groups you should eat.
    https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html
    It says that at your current healthy weight of 120 lb, your BMI is 20 and you'd need 1442 cal/day to maintain that healthy weight if you were inactive.
    Change that to being active less than 1 hour per day and you're up to almost 1800 cal.
    Thank you so much for your nice and wise words ! I think I should stop my obsession to go back under 110! Just because I was a happy person back then does not Neceserly Means I will be the same happy person by forcing myself to 110!! I think I should have a balanced diet to maintain y healthy Wiegh and focus on my babies
    I think depriving Myself from nutritious Diet is what forces me to the stressful over eating habit when I have emotional issues
  • solikewhatever
    solikewhatever Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good thing I read this thread!!! Normally I stick to the "Sucess stories" lol!! I started back up in January and it gave me the 1200 calories. 40 + days in of course I'm having sucess and each loss has lowered me down. My set point is 1030 this week, last week was 1060. I thought it was a bit weird. I will for sure be manually adjusting mine to the correct set point of 1200.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal does not condone such low levels of eating, and this bug has been brought to the attention of the Admin. Getting the appropriate amount of nutrition eating only 600 calories a day is incredibly hard, and this diet may lead to fatigue, hair loss and other serious medical conditions.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    davis_em
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Re: Calorie goals being set below 1200: This is a bug impacting the last release of our iOS app. This bug will be fixed in the next release of the app. In the meantime if anyone who has this issue logs into the website, and updates their goals, it should fix the issue.
This discussion has been closed.