healthy cereal

Options
Hi, I am looking to add some breakfast cereal to my diet. Are there some healthy low carb options?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Cereal = grain = carbs. Tampering is usually unhealthy. Decide if you want low carb or cereal.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Whole grain oatmeal
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is a good option, not the instant or quick but old fashion rolled oats or steel cut.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Cereal = grain = carbs. Tampering is usually unhealthy. Decide if you want low carb or cereal.

Agreed
  • rckeeper22
    rckeeper22 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above. Oatmeal is the best option if you want a 'cereal'.

I tried Kashi Go Lean for awhile, thinking I was smart and doing things right. But if you look into the articles/research on it . . . sadly, no boxed cereal is good, regardless of how they market themselves. Which pains me to say, because I absolutely love cereal!

Oatmeal, eggs, yogurt (separate or all three) are good choices for breakfast.
  • lainey10508
    lainey10508 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal with PB powder, chia seeds, and honey or agave. Keeps me full.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Probably not. You can try those protein kasha cereals but I'm sure they have a lot of carbs as well. I eat fiber one, plain bran cereal. It has I think 50 g of carbs for a cup.
  • verapal
    verapal Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • verapal
    Options

Thank you all!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I like this one
    sl2ZJXJ.png

I only eat cereal for breakfast if I'm gonna work out in the morning tho, it doesnt keep me full for very long
  • verapal
    Options
    I have just tried K special "red berries" it tests great and macros are awesome! !!
  • verapal
    Options
    I cup 110 calories, 0 fat , 27 carb (3 f , 9 s ), 2 protein
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Amaranth............only for the hardcore...lol
  • verapal
    Options
    Yep, always. ..lol
  • kitchensolo
    kitchensolo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you dig cereal, it's hard to go wrong with "Uncle Sam's." Check out the nutrition profile: http://www.attunefoods.com/products/Uncle-Sam/uncle-sam-original-heart-healthy-cereal-13oz
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,011 Member
    Options
    lol.
  • dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i like kashi go lean, oatmeal and bare naked granola (as a once in a while treat, it's pricey!)
  • dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    whoops, the brand is totally "bear naked" not "bare naked" haha
    some of their flavors are healthier than others so you should check the labels
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    rckeeper22 wrote: »
    I agree with everyone above. Oatmeal is the best option if you want a 'cereal'.

I tried Kashi Go Lean for awhile, thinking I was smart and doing things right. But if you look into the articles/research on it . . . sadly, no boxed cereal is good, regardless of how they market themselves. Which pains me to say, because I absolutely love cereal!

Oatmeal, eggs, yogurt (separate or all three) are good choices for breakfast.

Many cereals are good. They're just not low carb, including oatmeal.
  • verapal
    Options
    That's wonderful! And what I am really looking for is a yummy boxed cereal with least amount of sugar so that I would do as less damage as possible to my diet progress. I think K brand and Go Lean brand are two the most suitable options. :)