The math in my daily summary is incorrect!

Options
How do I fix this? Says I am over by 60 calories but I am not. Math is wrong.

rv7n110vewv0.jpg

Replies

• Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Wow..yeah, that should be -220 exercise. I do believe anyway...! I've never had mine *add* exercise calories before. Are you doing fat gaining exercises instead of fat burning ones? LoL

I think its a glitch...I hear that's been happening around here lately.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are you wearing a Fitbit or some other tracker? My Fitbit equates a certain number of steps with the activity level i chose (sedentary, lightly active, etc). If I don't get enough steps to get up to my normal activity level, it needs to subtract calories from my calorie goal.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same train of thought as kimny72. Looks like you got a negative calorie adjustment of 220 from an activity tracker of some sort.

An example of the break down would be:
    MFP set to Lightly Active : estimates 1800 calories burned before exercise
    exercise burn : 400
    MFP set to Lightly Active + exercise : estimates 2200 calories burned for the day
    Activity tracker syncs with MFP and goes nope, I don't think so. Calorie burn is only 2000 for the day (even with the 400 cal burn from exercise included).
    Adjustment : - 200 calories (as it shows in exercise log)
    So then the net break down looks like this:
    Goal 1300 Food 1200 + Exercise 200 = NET 1400 - 100 calories remaining
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have an Activity tracker with negative adjustments enabled
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, my FitBit will take calories off me if it doesn't think I've been active enough. It appears to have taken 220 cals off you.
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does to me each morning for some reason. Even when I get up at 6am, it says that I am + 100 calories for the day. Annoying.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Actually, your activity tracker is basically telling you to move more.
  • neverbackdown45
    Options
    Just starting today with the MFP and I added in the excersise done yesterday and my calorie number increases, is there anyway to adjust?
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Just starting today with the MFP and I added in the excersise done yesterday and my calorie number increases, is there anyway to adjust?

Open the logged exercise and either adjust the number of minutes or number of Calories burned.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Duh, you guys are awesome... Thats right, my Fitbit adds exercise calories... Just that generally by the end of the day, it evens out so I didn't even think of this. So yeah, nevermind me...you're right, thats probably what it is.
  • Julia_is_tracking
    Julia_is_tracking Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I didn't wear my Fitbit yesterday and I didn't know it would subtract from my calorie goal, I just recently synced it. I guess the device is smarter than me!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Dragn77 wrote: »
    Duh, you guys are awesome... Thats right, my Fitbit adds exercise calories... Just that generally by the end of the day, it evens out so I didn't even think of this. So yeah, nevermind me...you're right, thats probably what it is.

Yes, and it takes a little getting used to. It determines how many steps you would have to take to reach the activity level you said you reach every day. And it basically spreads them out over the course of the day, and adjusts your calories accordingly. Since I'm a slug in the morning, I always have a big negative adjustment sitting on my food log until lunchtime. Then once I start running around the office to meetings, taking a fast-paced walk after lunch, etc. the negative adjustment slowly goes away.

Motivation :)