Frumpy to Fit

Options
As a Christian I thought I was supposed to hide behind my elastic to be godly. I learned that Our bodies are the temple of God so we should be good stewards of it just like our time & money. Christians can be tastefully dressed without compromising their faith or values. Over a two year period of time I lost a total of 70lbs! I went to a bootcamp at a local studio one morning at 5am & never looked back! Later that year the gym had a "biggest loser" contest & i won by losing 35 pounds. I won $1,000 which I enjoyed using to replenish my wardrobe. (I went from a size 18 to a 6 over time) I wish I could say i had the "magic" pill but it took (& still takes) hardwork & clean diet to accomplish.
I would encourage u to be patient & trust the process. This is how I did it:
I started drinking a gallon of water religiously everyday (yes u will hve to pee a lot at first!) this was not easy with a full time job where I was the front office manager. Second thing I did wAs started logging my food every day! It's annoying but gets easier. 3rd I did a 21 day sugar detox to get a handle in the drug called "sugar". 4th I started eating chicken & green beans lol. My hubby got pretty burned out with this so I eventually found good healthy recipes to make! I believe that losing weight is 20% exercise & 80% diet so I had to get this food thing down!!! "it's HARd to be overweight, it's HARd to lose weight, it's HArd to maintain u weight...so CHoose ur hard"... Currently I am maintaining/lifting to try to gain lean muscle mass/definition. This is challenging bc I consider myself to be a novice even though I have been lifting for a year now. Im learning something new everyday. I'm enjoying my fitness pal because it helps me keep track of my macros ect. I love the feature where u can add u own meals! I'm excited to continue learning all the features as I go!!

Replies

• kimcondray
    kimcondray Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry. I wanted to post this as a "success story". Not sure what I did wrong. I'm a newbie to mfp
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    And, the rightful winner you are! Wow. Those guns of yours are my motivation for tonight's workout. I hate doing arms, but yours are stellar and inspiring. I'm glad you came to see your body is a temple. It truly is. Good on you.
  • kimcondray
    Options
    Girl I hve a long way to go & thank u! I need much motivation for arms too! I find triceps are my trouble area so I work them twice a week.
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you about chicken and green beans. That's one of my favorite meals also. Keep up the good work! Thanks for sharing!
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    kimcondray wrote: »
    As a Christian I thought I was supposed to hide behind my elastic to be godly. I learned that Our bodies are the temple of God so we should be good stewards of it just like our time & money. Christians can be tastefully dressed without compromising their faith or values. Over a two year period of time I lost a total of 70lbs! I went to a bootcamp at a local studio one morning at 5am & never looked back! Later that year the gym had a "biggest loser" contest & i won by losing 35 pounds. I won $1,000 which I enjoyed using to replenish my wardrobe. (I went from a size 18 to a 6 over time) I wish I could say i had the "magic" pill but it took (& still takes) hardwork & clean diet to accomplish.
    I would encourage u to be patient & trust the process. This is how I did it:
    I started drinking a gallon of water religiously everyday (yes u will hve to pee a lot at first!) this was not easy with a full time job where I was the front office manager. Second thing I did wAs started logging my food every day! It's annoying but gets easier. 3rd I did a 21 day sugar detox to get a handle in the drug called "sugar". 4th I started eating chicken & green beans lol. My hubby got pretty burned out with this so I eventually found good healthy recipes to make! I believe that losing weight is 20% exercise & 80% diet so I had to get this food thing down!!! "it's HARd to be overweight, it's HARd to lose weight, it's HArd to maintain u weight...so CHoose ur hard"... Currently I am maintaining/lifting to try to gain lean muscle mass/definition. This is challenging bc I consider myself to be a novice even though I have been lifting for a year now. Im learning something new everyday. I'm enjoying my fitness pal because it helps me keep track of my macros ect. I love the feature where u can add u own meals! I'm excited to continue learning all the features as I go!!

• tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Realizing that my body is the temple was one of my main reasons for wanting to be healthy. Being a servant of God means giving my best in every aspect of my life. I'm struggling with proper food portions. I could use some Godly advice:-)

• RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome story. You are a rockstar! (*) Looked at your profile and we live like 20 miles from each other. Small world! :D
  • kimcondray
    Options
    Thx. Yes tis a small world indeed. Perhaps we hve crossed paths in jackson. Have u ever heard of D180 fitness? We should meet up for a good crazy workout!! I Love u dog btw. I hve a pit that keeps me movin!!
  • kimcondray
    Options
    tmove2015 wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing. Realizing that my body is the temple was one of my main reasons for wanting to be healthy. Being a servant of God means giving my best in every aspect of my life. I'm struggling with proper food portions. I could use some Godly advice:-)

• kimcondray
    Options
    A verse that really helped me along the way & continues to is prov 24:16 " a just man falleth seven times and riseth up again"... I hve failed so many times bc I love sweets sooo much. We are only made if flesh & The Lord knows us better than anyone. Portion control is just that ...control & sometimes our flesh gives in. Once u start tracking everything u put in u mouth u will be amazed. It keeps u accountable. One domestic tip is use a small plate instead of a dinner plate. Also when u go out to eat request a "to go" box as soon as u entree comes out & divide it in half. My hubby & I also try to share (sometimes he doesn't want too lol
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Great inspiring story. Thanks very much! I LOVE all your photos, especially the one with you getting the check. You look so happy. Congratulations!!!
  • dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look great and also look 10+ years younger
  • AzWifenMom
    AzWifenMom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and your faith. I am also on a journey for a better, healthier life. God has given me so many blessing, including me, that I want to make sure I take good care of what He has given me. Your testimony is a blessing for all to read and see!
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow! U look AWESOME, hard work does pay off. I am always having People ask me , " what diet are you on? " What's your secret?" I always say, No diet, just clean healthy eating and exercise. I have no " magic pill" keep up the good hard work!
  • kimcondray
    Options
    Thx! It's almost a let down to them bc they are expecting the "big secret". Lol. No just kicking ur butt & saying no to certain foods!!!
  • kimcondray
    Options
    4Him4me wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing your story and your faith. I am also on a journey for a better, healthier life. God has given me so many blessing, including me, that I want to make sure I take good care of what He has given me. Your testimony is a blessing for all to read and see!

• kimcondray
    Options
    ☺️
  • kimcondray
    Options
    Great inspiring story. Thanks very much! I LOVE all your photos, especially the one with you getting the check. You look so happy. Congratulations!!!

• kimcondray
    Options
    Thx! I've never won anything before especially money lol. I enjoyed going shopping!!!
  • kimcondray
    Options
    dragyou wrote: »
    You look great and also look 10+ years younger

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!