The best low cal recipes

Options

Replies

• koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump

What does "bump" mean?

I've wondered that myself... What I've learned is that people 'bump' so that it logs that post on your profile for easy access if they want to return to it. I've also heard that people 'bump' to move it back to the top of the recent posting list... but i think it's used more to keep track of the post
  • Jenny421
    Jenny421 Posts: 16
    Options
    Bump! Thanks for the great recipes!
  • CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Save
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    bump!!
  • vlaura
    vlaura Posts: 93
    Options
    bump :heart:
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    so many recipes! i'll definitly save this for later so i can try some out :)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Glazed Orange and Honey Chicken

9 oz Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast cut in chunks
    1 Tbsp Honey
    1 Tbsp Kikkoman - Less Sodium Soy Sauce
    4 oz Pulp Free Orange Juice
    1 Tbsp Paula Deen - Maple Pumpkin Butter

Makes 2 servings (4.5 oz of chicken each)

Per 4.5 oz Serving:
    Calories - 237
    Carbs - 19 g
    Fat - 1 g
    Protein - 33 g
    Sodium - 351 mg
    Fiber - 0 g

-Cut chicken into cubes, strips, or leave in full breast. Season it with your favorite seasoning (I use cinnamon, garlic/herb seasoning, and chicken seasoning).
    -Brown chicken on both sides in a large skillet.
    -While browning chicken, mix all other ingredients together in a small sauce pan on Med-High heat. Let it come to a low boil, stirring often.
    -When chicken is mostly cooked, add sauce to skillet of chicken and stir often (spoon sauce over chicken)
    -Let chicken and sauce cook on Low-Med heat until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked completely
    -Serve with your favorite veggie or salad.
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rnbwroad
    rnbwroad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, good for you! Any words of advise...?
  • moor9559
    moor9559 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great recipes. Thanks!
  • jenniferandkidz
    Options
    Ok Im pretty new to this. Im having problems finding meals where the calories are under 1500, the sodium is under 1500, and carbs under 150 per day. I seem to go over on the sodium but under on the calories.. Any ideas
  • koizumi6
    koizumi6 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Ok Im pretty new to this. Im having problems finding meals where the calories are under 1500, the sodium is under 1500, and carbs under 150 per day. I seem to go over on the sodium but under on the calories.. Any ideas

What kinda of foods do you like? Is there anything that affects your eating habits?- Diabetes, Vegetarian, Gluten intolerant... etc..? Let me know and I'll post some recipes for you
  • tellybelle
    tellybelle Posts: 144
    Options
    Bump
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yummy...BUMP for later
  • GinaC211
    GinaC211 Posts: 15
    Options
    BUMP
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting all of these! I am a busy, working mom and a full time student, so this helps SO much :)
  • falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mandee1919
    mandee1919 Posts: 11
    Options
    what does it mean when you "bump" someone????
  • mandee1919
    mandee1919 Posts: 11
    Options
    Could you post some that are chicken recipes that are for the crock pot that are low in calories? I work all day and then go to the gym at night so it would be nice to have my dinner ready when I got home. I say MY dinner because my husband and my children are soooo picky!!!
    Thank you very much!!!
  • phatkris
    phatkris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Slide 1 of 8 fitness magazine

Recipes developed by Zoe Singer

The secret to flat abs? Foods like whole grains, low-fat dairy, and lean protein, which curb hunger, boost your calorie burn, and prevent belly bloat. We've combined these slimming ingredients into a week's worth of delicious dinners.
    Steak-and-Pepper Tacos

Prep time: 20 minutes
    Cook time: 25 minutes
    Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients
    1 pound flank or hanger steak
    Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    2 garlic cloves, crushed
    1/2 teaspoon mild chili powder
    3 teaspoons vegetable oil
    1/2 red onion, sliced
    3 bell peppers, 1 each red, yellow, and orange, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
    8 small corn tortillas, warmed
    1/2 avocado, sliced
    1/4 cup grated low-fat Monterey Jack
    1/4 cup salsa verde or 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    2 tablespoons sliced pickled jalapenos
    Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)

Directions
    1. Marinate the steak in the lime juice, salt, garlic, and chili powder in a sealed plastic bag for 20 to 30 minutes.
    2. Meanwhile, heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil to the pan. Add the red onion and bell peppers; cook, tossing frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the corn and continue to cook until the peppers are charred and soft, about 3 more minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl and keep warm.
    3. Wipe the skillet with a paper towel and heat for another minute. Add the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil. Remove the steak from the marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Lay the steak in the pan, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook about 8 minutes for medium-rare, turning once halfway through. Transfer to a board and let rest for 5 minutes.
    4. Slice the steak across the grain and arrange on a platter with the peppers and lime wedges. Make tacos with the warm tortillas, avocado, Monterey Jack, salsa, jalapenos and, if desired, sour cream.

Nutrition facts per serving: 416 calories, 32g protein, 38g carbohydrate, 16g fat (4.3g saturated), 7g fiber