Help me please! :)

Options
whatshedid
whatshedid Posts: 11 Member
For a while I have been losing weight in an unhealthy way (fasting, not doing exercise, skipping meals) because I was so depressed with my body. Although I have lost a lot weight this way, I still don't look or feel healthy, I want to lose more body fat and build more muscle. I've been exercising for a couple of weeks now, and I've made a plan and just wanted an opinion from anyone to see if what I'm doing is effective and if it is too much or too little.

My plan goes like this:
15 ROCKET JUMPS
20 STAR JUMPS
15 ROCKET JUMPS
20 STAR JUMPS
15 SQUATS
15 ROCKET JUMPS
15 SQUATS
20 STAR JUMPS
15 ROCKET JUMPS
20 STAR JUMPS
15 WALL PRESS UPS
12 THREE QUARTER PRESS UP
15 SQUATS
10 CALF RAISES
15 SQUATS
10 CALF RAISES
13 BRIDGES
13 BRIDGES
10 STOMACH CRUNCHES
10 STOMACH CRUNCHES
30 SECOND PLANK
30 SECOND PLANK
8 FIVE SECOND SIDE PLANKS

I'm planning on doing this (as well as obviously warming up ans stretching off) ideally four or five times a week. To me it doesn't seem like enough but I am a complete beginner with exercise. I also don't have much time as I am in my final year of sixth form and have a lot of revising and coursework to do.

Please give me advice if you have any, I will be extremely grateful.

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Any strength training will help retain muscle mass while losing. You need to fuel your body though, so make sure you're eating and losing the weight in a sustainable way. IE: not fasting or skipping meals.
  • sexy6pack
    Options
    If you have shed a lot of scale weight and feel weak, that's mainly from lose of lean muscle and you would be labeled skinny fat, don't be upset it's just a diet exercise description. If you want to lean out you must start with the most important step first it's only six inches, that's the space between your ears. Once you make mental commitment to change your eating habits you are on your way to a leaner body. And stop referring your concern as weight lose its FAT you want to loose. Your body weight consists of muscle soft tissue bone water organs and fat!
    First know what you are eating in terms of macros Protien Carbs Fats.
    Eat lean Protien
    Fibrous Carbs
    Healthy Fats,
    with every meal.
    Eat 4 to 6 small meals per day.
    Never skip breakfast, and eat within 60 minutes of waking up.
    Buy a food scale and weight your food and count your calories daily.
    If you want to shed fat and build muscle keep your carbs under 100 grams and your protien to a minimum of .5g per pound of body weight
    If you eat 150 grams of carbs per day you will maintain your weight.
    Don't over exercise it won't help, it will only depress you if don't get the results you hope for.
    If you are not weight training Start Now, incorporate it into your cardio program. Muscle is metabolic and burn calories more than fat. To much cardio and no weight training will make you skinny fat.
    Good Luck Think Lean
  • Ogopogo
    Ogopogo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Anything that you enjoy doing that is active, is a good thing. As long as this is something you can do everyday without it being a demotivating chore, you are winning.

My advice is, make permanent changes that you can do forever. Even small changes, over the long-term make a huge difference. I have stopped snacking in the evenings (with a few hiccups along the way) and it has really helped me on my weight loss journey. You may not see results on the scale every single day but, six months from now you will look back and say to yourself "Wow! I made a lot of progress!"
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    IMO you are going to burn out pretty quickly doing that work out..

why don't you have find a structured lifting program that you like, like strong lifts, starting strength, new rules of lifting for woman, etc….