ChaLean Extreme- anyone do it and like it?

Options
Ive been looking into her videos.
If you done it do you like it?
And, is it mostly strength training/lifting?

I another beach body video series, but didnt care for it bc it didnt focus on weight training.

Replies

• jfish428
    jfish428 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Chalean Extreme. There is cardio and strength training involved. Which other workout do you have that you didn't like?
  • surfergal9988
    surfergal9988 Posts: 36 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    But, ive been reading up on it and it looks like you need LOTS of varations of weights??
    I only have 2 sets of weights and don't really wanna spend money on weights.

Ive been doing Brazilian Butt Lift for a few weeks. My main concern is lower body but i know you cant spot reduce. I think its a good workout but for what i need i think its a bit easy for me and for not getting noticeable results its boring.
    I eat really healthy( Except for today only thing bad in a month I ate all month was a DONUT and a slice of PIZZA :-(. lol. .. But, my main issue is BODY FAT. Weight unfortunately isnt the issue, its toning my body.

It's just annoying because besides Chalean Extreme I can't find like a strength program that is popular and has videos. Like I don't have a gym to go to and like doing videos, but so many videos are cardio. I found Chalean Extreme vids online for free so i can do the program easily, but like I don't want to buy weights.i have 8 and 3 pound weights.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    But, ive been reading up on it and it looks like you need LOTS of varations of weights??
    I only have 2 sets of weights and don't really wanna spend money on weights.

Ive been doing Brazilian Butt Lift for a few weeks. My main concern is lower body but i know you cant spot reduce. I think its a good workout but for what i need i think its a bit easy for me and for not getting noticeable results its boring.
    I eat really healthy( Except for today only thing bad in a month I ate all month was a DONUT and a slice of PIZZA :-(. lol. .. But, my main issue is BODY FAT. Weight unfortunately isnt the issue, its toning my body.

It's just annoying because besides Chalean Extreme I can't find like a strength program that is popular and has videos. Like I don't have a gym to go to and like doing videos, but so many videos are cardio. I found Chalean Extreme vids online for free so i can do the program easily, but like I don't want to buy weights.i have 8 and 3 pound weights.

Have you looked into PiYo? There's a lot of body weight exercises so you don't need to buy weights. Lots of push ups, side planks, planks, lunges, squats, etc. That's the only thing I can think of for strength without actual weights.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    You don't need alot of wts for this program 2 sets are enough and she had someone use a resistance band.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You can do the program with the two sets you have. But you won't get the kind of results you want. You will need to eventually get some more weights or resistance bands.

I 2nd the PiYo idea.
  • mamma1st
    mamma1st Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can use resistance bands for all the exercises if you don't have weights to use. She has one modifier using bands.

I do think if you are going to use weights you need more than 3 & 8 lbs. As you progress through the phases your strength will increase and you will need heavier weights. That's the whole point of the program. You need the proper weight because you are exhausting your muscles. If you can still go after 12 reps (8 reps in the Push phase) then you aren't doing the program the way it's intended.
  • surfergal9988
    Options
    Thanks I'll look into PiYo!

• determined_14
    determined_14 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender has lots of weight training videos. Check them out: www.fitnessblender.com
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am doing my second round right now. I do not think you could do it with only 2 sets of weights and it be too effective. I bought Gold's Gym adjustable weights at Walmart for the program. It is a bit tedious to have to change the plates out between exercises but it was so much cheaper than buying a bunch of different dumbells. I bought a set that goes up to 20lbs and bought some extra plates so now I can go up to 35lbs.

As for the program: it is three days of strength training, two days of cardio, two days of rest. One of the cardio workouts is using one light set of weights and using the weights for muscular endurance and cardio intervals. I can't say it is my favorite workout program. She is great but for me the strength training is just so slow paced. I guess that is probably similar to any true strength training program though.
  • surfergal9988
    Options
    Thank you! I decided for now since i don't want to spend money on weights, to do JARI LOVE videos- she has really good strength training vids.