Suggestions for digital food scale?

Options
I have one, but it's small, makes no allowance for the weight of the container, and you can't read it if the container is larger than the flat scale. Anyone have one they love at a reasonable price?

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Get a flat one that you can stick a pan or plate on and tare to zero, one that weighs in grammes and ounces and that you can zero back with each ingredient you add

And don't spend a fortune

I've got a Salter one
  • staceybiomed
    staceybiomed Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love my OXO digital scale. It has a 11 pound capacity, light up display, can be read in lbs and ozs or grams. It also has a zeroing function and the display can be pulled out so that you can still read out if you have a large container being weighed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WJMTNA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Walmart has a pretty inexpensive one that you can put plates/bowls on and zero.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have "The Biggest Loser" one and it does zero out for the bowl/plate.

You do have to use a salad plate/bowl to read the numbers. I don't think you would be able to read the numbers with a dinner plate.
  • DeadLift107
    Options
    I picked up a cheap digital one at Walmart that lets me zero the scale. I think it cost me $15
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've actually been using the accuteck postal scale. I had it from selling and shipping things. It works.

I just bought an ozeri epicurean scale today because it looks nicer and my scale is always out in the kitchen. Hopefully it works as well as my postal scale. Haha.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Get a flat one that you can stick a pan or plate on and tare to zero, one that weighs in grammes and ounces and that you can zero back with each ingredient you add

And don't spend a fortune

I've got a Salter one
    I GOT ONE THAT DOES ALL THIS TOO FROM TARGET AT XMAS TIME. IT WAS 23-25 DOLLARS. THE BRAND IS TAYLOR. I REALLY LIKE IT.

• ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polder scale from Costco that I like. It tares to zero so that you can zero it out for your dish or container. It's got stainless steel surface, so easy to clean a and its easy to read.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I love my OXO digital scale. It has a 11 pound capacity, light up display, can be read in lbs and ozs or grams. It also has a zeroing function and the display can be pulled out so that you can still read out if you have a large container being weighed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WJMTNA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I looked at everything, and I've ordered the OXO scale. I got the five pound one, not the 11 pound. I love that it has the pull out display and there are only two buttons on it, each with two functions - one is the power button at the top and zero at the bottom (to zero out current weight to add more ingredients, and/or to take out the weight of the container) and the other a choice of pounds and ounces or grams. It was $29.99 and had lots of great reviews.

Thanks everyone for helping me out!