I think my wife may hate me!

Options

Replies

• SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    So I should quit my diet? Thanks for the advice.

Why would you have to quit your diet to have bacon?

Source: On diet, had bacon this morning.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My husband does not hate me and he made himself bacon yesterday. :wink:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    for crying out loud, eat a piece of bacon! why make yourself miserable?

my husband made bacon ONCE without making me any. i told him if he ever did it again, id stop buying it altogether.

a piece or two really isn't all that bad.
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I too do 3 strips of bacon several days a week paired with two scrambled eggs ... sitting at right about -75 on the scales right now since late summer. Just have to work it in and not eat a pile!
  • HannahsMother2012
    HannahsMother2012 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lol I get it! Pre diet, I felt like I had to beg hubby to go to a restaurant for a meal with me...now? He's been a bunch of times, ordered pizza for take out, as well as requests junk food every time to go to buy more produce (which is often!). It's sad hubby and i can't be on the same page at the same time :( but I'm doing this for me, and for me alone, so regardless of his choices, I've been able to stay on track :) Good luck!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with bacon. You're a man. Surely you can fit a couple slices of bacon in your calories. I think you're looking at that 'diet' thing all wrong. Are you planning on never eating bacon ever again? It's a lifestyle change.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    2 slices of pan-fried bacon is like 100 calories. I get that people are concerned about the saturated fat in their diet, but unless you're eating a pack of bacon a day (or have pre-existing health concerns) you really don't need to worry. I eat a pretty high fat diet (and don't intentionally limit my saturated fats) and my triglycerides are fine.

Besides, it sounds like she made it for your son, not you. But if you are really seriously upset, have you tried talking to your wife? There are a bazillion threads on here with people claiming that their SO is trying to sabotage them, when all that is really happening is that the SO is just cooking, eating, and living their lives the way they always have, and the poster expects their SO to change their lifestyle because they did, or are trying to. And often the poster never made it clear to their SO that they now have different expectations. It really boils down to a lack of communication, and not expecting other people to change the way they eat or live just because you are. It can be a struggle, but it's also not fair to expect them to.

ETA: The first few weeks of changing your eating habits is often hard, but if you are really struggling with hunger that much, it might be time to reassess your intake and set a higher calorie goal with a smaller, more sustainable deficit. This whole process isn't going to work very well if what you're doing can't be maintained long-term.
  • megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think the poor man just wanted to *kitten* bc his wife knows hes on a diet lol. But doesnt mean she hates u lmao she probly wasnt even thinking :p
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Bacon is good. Eat it! :smiley:

So I should quit my diet? Thanks for the advice.

There is nothing wrong with bacon and no reason you can't make it fit into your allotment. I had some this morning.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wait. No bacon?! I'm doing this horribly wrong! And I don't want to be right.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Wait, so I can either have bacon, or succeed in losing weight? I've been doing this wrong!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    So does that mean there is leftover bacons on+the table? Because snack time...and BLT.
  • GettinFitta
    GettinFitta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think the poor man just wanted to *kitten* bc his wife knows hes on a diet lol. But doesnt mean she hates u lmao she probly wasnt even thinking :p

:) Yup
  • GettinFitta
    Options
    Went diet shopping after this and bought turkey bacon. What a let down, and 53 cals per slice. Also found bacon medallions at 33 cals a slice. I am in the UK where our bacon is a different cut with less fat and bacon medallions are just the part with a solid round of meat and zero fat! Result. Bacon is back on the menu :D
  • TheBigFb
    TheBigFb Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Dump her
  • GettinFitta
    Options
    TheBigFb wrote: »
    Dump her

:o
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon almost everyday when I have it around. Don't see the issue. Two pieces for me is less than 80 cal, have that with some eggs and it's a decent 300 calorie breakfast.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Went diet shopping after this and bought turkey bacon. What a let down, and 53 cals per slice. Also found bacon medallions at 33 cals a slice. I am in the UK where our bacon is a different cut with less fat and bacon medallions are just the part with a solid round of meat and zero fat! Result. Bacon is back on the menu :D

I really want to try the bacon you guys have over there, it looks amazing. Over here the standard stuff is like 70% chewy fat stuff and 30% meat. Want. More. Meat.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Yeah that's the same as Australian bacon. Love it. USA bacon is tasty in its own way (and great to wrap around stuff) but way fattier.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon & eggs for breakfast once/twice a week or so - usually w/ends (don't have time weekdays). Fits into my calories just fine. I'm in UK too.