ladies, perimenopause, weight loss reduced!

Options
Hi all, I wondered if any of you are experiencing it more difficult to lose weight during this time. I am coming up to the big 50 soon and periods etc have gone a little haywire. I lost 86 lbs over the past 3 years and have kept my weight a tad below 12 stones (164bs) for 18 months. Over recent months I have gained around 14 lbs. When I have had a special occasion, Ie Christmas holidays etc I am finding it increasingly difficult to lose it again. I have recently found this app, which I find is great! I am trying to exercise as much as I possibly can and been really strict with my eating. I am now losing weight slowly.
I am interested if there is many ladies that notice this. If I put my mind to it I can usually lose weight quite quickly. Not at the moment though!
I would love to make friends to support each other through this!

Replies

• smoochy65
    smoochy65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with the same thing. I gained about 12 lbs without changing my diet just because of menopause. I have been reading posts on this website and it seems like hormone therapy can help with weightloss.
  • cinde2014
    cinde2014 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey i am having the same problem. I gained weight so fast my head was spinning.lol i work. Out like a crazy woman. At least ive stopped gaining