Looking into a strapless HR monitor... any advise?

Options
I am looking into a strapless HR monitor. Does anyone have one they love? There are sooooo..... many out there! Help!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You won't find many people that use strapless HRM's they are very inaccurate, save your money and buy one with a strap.
  • kehowe83
    kehowe83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I bought one from Staples (yea, should have guessed not the right place to buy one.. right?) that was able to get your HR from your thumb and forefinger when you pressed either side of the watch together. The problem was that it was finicky and you had to have REALLY wet fingers and hold it FOREVER! You also had to be practically still for it to read.

On top of it, it went through the mode of the more times you sample (get it to read), the more accurate it would be. So if you only selected it once for a half hour exercise session, it made the assumption that your heartrate was the same the whole time.
    What I would do is take it at my peak of labor, then at my low ends as well to get a good average.
    But again, having to be still while it read and taking so long, by the time it did read, my heartrate had gone back down... I HATED IT!

There might be better ones out there, but the one I had sucked.
  • Amy_Do
    Amy_Do Posts: 20
    Options
    I have both types and I would defn recommend the one with the strap its way more accurate - I really like the Garmin brand - a little pricy but well worth it..
  • sheets03
    sheets03 Posts: 18
    Options
    I almost bought a NB monitor with a strap at COSTCO, but thought- "Really? A strap while I am working out?" Looks like I was wrong- I will be buying that one! Thanks so much!