5'9 Ladies & Up? What is you GOAL?

Options
Hello Everyone.

For the past 2 years I always thought I was 6ft but just recently got properly measured and am actually 6'1 and 3/4 lol

My goal was originally to get to 70kgs (154 pounds), I have been there for the past month and it's just not cutting it for me personally. I still have quite a bit of fat on my thighs. I am not a pear shape, I am a straight (up & down) so I know the fat on my thighs can go with a bit more effort.

Anyway, enough chatter about myself, I'd like to know you taller ladies goal weight?

Thank you

Replies

• mjordan517
    mjordan517 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow 150s sounds very small for that height. My goal is 180lbs and im 6 foot now. Thats how much I weighed freshman year of basketball in highschool! Lol I weigh 222 now and havelost 30 lbs so far.
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    5'10.5 and my goal is 150. I am currently 157. Looking to tone and shape and just generally feel better.
  • searsvls
    searsvls Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 with a curvy yet athletic build and would love to be around 160. I got down to 152.5 several years ago and was told for the first time in my life that I was very skinny (I have to admit that I loved it. I was not skinny. I was teaching cardio kickboxing and was in the best shape of my life). Although I would love to get to that weight again, it was really tough. By the way. How many calories is everyone eating and finding themselves losing weight?
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    5'11" goal is 135. I currently weight 158. The lowest I've ever been at this height was 120 in high school (too thin). But I think 140/135 should be about right.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    5'9, goal 150(size 6). Im at 160(size 8-10). I've been between 135 (size 2) and 175(size 12). My main focus is building muscle and losing fat, not just being skinny. I rather have energy and strength to support my joints for life-long activities as I get older.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Wow, a lot of you have VERY low goal weights.

I am 5'10" and my goal is 190. I am fairly thin at 200.
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9"/10 and my lightest was 155 which was way to thin. Right now im aiming for 175
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    "quite a bit of fat" is subjective. Without pics to back up the claim, it smacks of a bit of image issues for that weight and height. Or a bid for attention (sorry, it just does); I am 46 years old and it took me my lifetime to learn the number on the scale means only so much. I currently weigh more on the scale than I would like, due to old ingrained expectations, but I look better than I have in 20 years and have more muscle and less body fat. 15 years ago, before I gained so much, I weighed what I do now, yet I looked dramatically different. Great example of scale reading is just a number. What is your body fat percentage is a better question. If you want to reshape, that requires working out, and most likely weight training to accomplish it. I say don't dwell on the scale number. Just refer to it. Pull out a tape measure. Get your body fat tested. Workout to carve out the body you want to see.
    Now to fully answer the question, I want to lose about 10-15lbs of body fat, which could put me at 147-152. OR... heavier if I end up with more muscle in the process. Or lose 7-10% body fat. Working like a dog towards it and mostly eating pretty good. It's working well so far.
  • junestarrr
    junestarrr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody. I'm 5'9 and am trying to get to my "happy weight" which is about 155. Right now I feel stuck at 169 and it's so frustrating. : (

I started losing weight at 183 in October 2014.
  • fiveminutes
    fiveminutes Posts: 30 Member
    Options

That's very subjective. I'm 6'1.75" and my goal weight is between 155-165. It's not a low weight, especially considering I have a ridiculously small frame (I have quite a gap with the "wrist" test). You might be fairly thin at 200lbs and 5'11", but I definitely was not and other women may not be either. I'm currently stuck in a plateau hovering around 175lbs. So I'm kind of taking a break from eating clean and daily exercise just to give my body a rest of being on my weight loss journey for almost a year and a half.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options

VERY is an exaggeration. Most women are in a VERY healthy body fat and weight range for most of what the women here are posting. If you are FAIRLY thin, then you must be VERY, very big boned. Otherwise, your body fat percentage is probably in the 30%+ range and that is not FAIRLY thin to most and beyond the health guidelines. If it is where you are happy, that is great though. Just don't want others to be mislead into thinking they are pushing to be too thin at those numbers. VERY thin would be in the 1-teens to maybe the 130's range for most at our heights. Healthiest is probably between the 140's to 170's and bodyfat in the lower 20 percentile for, again, most in our height range.
  • carlie1994
    carlie1994 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    5'10"
    162 lbs
    20 years old

My goal is my high school weight of 130. However, I had never seen a gym before college (that metabolism y'all), so I'm sure I had no muscle back then. I probably will not get back down to 130 again because I'd rather lose weight and gain muscle than see the perfect number on the scale. I'm pretty curvy with a bad tendency to let the scale define me. My main goal right now is knock down inches around my waist- back down to the 26" I had a few years ago from the 29" I have now.
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am 6' and I started losing 8 weeks ago. My starting weight was 187 lbs which was the heaviest I've ever been, even when I was 9 months pregnant. I am currently 167 lbs and my goal weight is 153 lbs but I may raise it or lower it depending on how I feel about myself along the way. This may sound funny but.... I have this dimple just below my belly paunch which is kind of where the waistband of my trousers sit. I have had my eye on that for the past 8 weeks of losing weight and it is gradually disappearing (along with my belly paunch!) and I reckon once that's gone I'll be happy. Obviously the rest of my body is shrinking too but psychologically, my belly dimple is something I can see without getting a tape measure out.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I am 5'10"+ and my goal is 190. I am fairly thin at 200.

VERY is an exaggeration. Most women are in a VERY healthy body fat and weight range for most of what the women here are posting. If you are FAIRLY thin, then you must be VERY, very big boned. Otherwise, your body fat percentage is probably in the 30%+ range and that is not FAIRLY thin to most and beyond the health guidelines. If it is where you are happy, that is great though. Just don't want others to be mislead into thinking they are pushing to be too thin at those numbers. VERY thin would be in the 1-teens to maybe the 130's range for most at our heights. Healthiest is probably between the 140's to 170's and bodyfat in the lower 20 percentile for, again, most in our height range.

I do have a large bone structure. I also have boobs and am long waisted. Oh, and I have muscles--I'd like to keep those.

The idea that I might need to lose 70 pounds to be at the "right" weight for this height is ridiculous. I look at recent pictures of myself and I see that I could reasonably lose 20, but any more than that and I would start looking like a skeleton.

*picture redacted*
  • Niecenbabe
    Niecenbabe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    5'10" here and 47 yrs old. My goal is to get back to 180. The lowest I've been in 179 winter of 2012 - and then I gained it all back. Of course I cheated my way down by going for the quick weight loss tools such as UWeightLoss. Great program but expensive. My weight loss started in 2007 when I weighed 258 lbs. Today I am 202, so close to onederland I can taste it. I think your goal should be what makes you happy, what makes you feel good, not so much the number on the scale or what tv or magazines think you should be. I want to get to 180 and see what happens after that - like maintaining. I've never been good at that part.
  • DangerousDUCK
    DangerousDUCK Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    SiennaL wrote: »
    Hello Everyone.

For the past 2 years I always thought I was 6ft but just recently got properly measured and am actually 6'1 and 3/4 lol

My goal was originally to get to 70kgs (154 pounds), I have been there for the past month and it's just not cutting it for me personally. I still have quite a bit of fat on my thighs. I am not a pear shape, I am a straight (up & down) so I know the fat on my thighs can go with a bit more effort.

Anyway, enough chatter about myself, I'd like to know you taller ladies goal weight?

Thank you
    mjordan517 wrote: »
    Wow 150s sounds very small for that height. My goal is 180lbs and im 6 foot now. Thats how much I weighed freshman year of basketball in highschool! Lol I weigh 222 now and havelost 30 lbs so far.

How often do men comment on your height? everyday? You must have awesome legs though ;)
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous!!! I'm only 5'8" so I didn't make the cut, lol! I always wanted to be 5'11" or taller. Even at 5'8" all the cute guys were always shorter anyway! My goal is 140lbs.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2" and my preliminary goal is 160. Once I get there I'll decide if I want to go lower. I am currently 176. I carry most of the extra weight in my upper body, which is very annoying. I just bought size 6 jeans, but am still wearing size large shirts. A little more balance would be great.
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and I'm aiming to be between 185 and 190. Currently at 220.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    @BetterKimmer is right on the money when she discusses body fat % being the focus. I will use the following two pictures to illustrate. To note, I am just about 5'9", started at 245lbs and now weigh 153 lbs. I am now at 24% bf which is illustrated in the photo with my yoga pants on. The picture of me in the bikini? There is only a 3 pound difference between the pictures! My advice? Set a reasonable initial goal but be prepared for your focus to change when you realize the impact of strength training and reducing body fat percentage rather than just scale weight...

opbipvnnuruc.jpg

77pmbdfog63w.jpg