No more quitting!

Options
I have had Myfitnesspal on my phone for a few months now but have done nothing with it. It usually takes 1-2 weeks for me before I give up on myself and my weight goals. I eat fast food 5-6 times a week, and I never exercise. I plan on quitting fast food entirely and start riding my bike more frequently. What i find the hardest about dieting is cheating once and getting back on track. If i do slip up and have a treat i can't quit entirely on myself, I need to stick with a plan and get myself back on track. My friend is getting married in July and we are all going skydiving for his bachelor party, however there is a 220lb weight limit. I weight 263 right now and my first goal is to reach 220lbs by July! Wish me luck!

Replies

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP!

I think you may benefit from some self-education to retrain your brain & your relationship with food beyond just for an upcoming event.

Here are some suggestions:
    80/20

Tips for Keeping the Weight Off for Good

Brain on Junk

Vicious Cycle of Junk Food

Best of luck to you!
  • nthnprice
    Options
    Wow! Great Articles! Thank you!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    nthnprice wrote: »
    Wow! Great Articles! Thank you!

I agree! Those are some great articles to read that she's shared with you. Welcome to MFP :)
  • fafej
    fafej Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, first of all: good luck. I was a junk food addict also and what I learnt from and about myself is that change takes time. Significant change takes more time :) I.e quitting fast food entirely took me half a year. It is not like you get up on a Monday morning and you start eating healthy food completely changing your old habits on day 1. Give yourself time.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I spent several years making mistakes, slipping up, cheating on my diet, but each time I screwed up I got back to it. It took a while but before I realized it I was a success story. Get to it, and keep chipping away at it. If you keep giving up on yourself you'll never make progress