Options
rachaelelmore81
rachaelelmore81 Posts: 14
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
New and just need someone to talk to that's going through the same thing

Replies

• SarahRenoBaker
    Options
    Hi! What are you feeling overwhelmed about? I was in excellent shape, had 2 knee surgeries in a year and a half, and have found some thyroid issues..needless to say, I've gained a ton of weight.....

Feeling a little frustrated, but each day is a new day!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site...just take a deep breath and have MFP set up your weight goals etc. and go from there. Loads of support on here :) I think everyone feels a bit overwhelmed at first.
  • rachaelelmore81
    Options
    Thanks so much for your kind words and support...the hardest reps are always the first
  • laurabethless
    laurabethless Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I'm new and I feel the same, I will add you as a friend... Laura
  • brittjrogg
    brittjrogg Posts: 49 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I am new here too, and having friends to help keep you accountable, I've learned is a great way to make sure that you hit your goals! This site has a ton of support for me already and I've only been on here for about a week.
    Losing weight, dieting, and exercising can be overwhelming but take it one day at a time, and don't try to do everything at all once. Taper off of your food, and start slow with exercise, can't run a marathon on the first day!
    You guys feel free to add me and we will do this!
  • laurabethless
    laurabethless Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request brittjrogg
  • monsonjodi
    monsonjodi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I understand how overwhelming it can be 5years ago I was 250 pounds I lost 105 pounds it took me about a year to lose it. I'm happy to help. You can do it
  • rachaelelmore81
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request brittjrogg

• rachaelelmore81
    Options
    Thanks so much for adding me I've accepted
  • rachaelelmore81
    Options
    brittjrogg wrote: »
    Welcome to the site! I am new here too, and having friends to help keep you accountable, I've learned is a great way to make sure that you hit your goals! This site has a ton of support for me already and I've only been on here for about a week.
    Losing weight, dieting, and exercising can be overwhelming but take it one day at a time, and don't try to do everything at all once. Taper off of your food, and start slow with exercise, can't run a marathon on the first day!
    monsonjodi wrote: »
    Hi I understand how overwhelming it can be 5years ago I was 250 pounds I lost 105 pounds it took me about a year to lose it. I'm happy to help. You can do it

• rachaelelmore81
    Options
    Hi! What are you feeling overwhelmed about? I was in excellent shape, had 2 knee surgeries in a year and a half, and have found some thyroid issues..needless to say, I've gained a ton of weight.....

• rachaelelmore81
    Options
    I'm overwhelmed with everything...it's going to be
    brittjrogg wrote: »

• rachaelelmore81
    Options
    Thanks for your support....it's going to be twice as hard because we are in a new state and I do not know 1 person here. (Sad I know..lol). And I am really busy with my kids and I love my soda and salt...I sure do hope I'm strong enough to make it through...
  • BCUONZO
    BCUONZO Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Jameselmore76 you can do it! Its not always easy but I think thats the beauty of having the internet. You can connect with people at any given time of day going through similar stuff or find motivation. If you need help all you have to do is ask! Like the saying "Its never easy but its always worth it!"
  • rachaelelmore81
    Options
    Very true....I will try my best to hang in there, thanks for your support..I am Rachael
  • rachaelelmore81
    Options

• rachaelelmore81
    Options
    It's the whole process, I love my food and soda...it's just hard being in a new state away from family and not knowing anyone and I'm not the type of person to go to the gym alone or walk alone us need to find my groove I guess...
    Thanks