Replies

• healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Bump...VERY FANTASTIC TOPIC!
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    i read in an earlier thread that the cinnamon we use daily can be bad for you in small amounts because it's the wrong cinnamon...so reading up on "true cinnamon" makes you rethink the kind of cinnamon to use on a daily basis.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon and why is it good for you and how to incorporate it in every meal ??? go

from webmd.com: "Studies suggest cinnamon may have a stabilizing effect on blood sugar levels. This could curtail appetite, particularly in people with type 2 diabetes, Bonci says. Nearly everyone can benefit from cinnamon in its traditional role. Stir some into your coffee, tea, or yogurt to add sweetness without adding calories." (http://www.webmd.com/diet/slideshow-fat-fighting-foods?ecd=wnl_wlw_050711)
  • Aries03
    Aries03 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So, is shop bought sprinkle on your oatmeal not a good Cinnamon, and how much should be taken daily for it not to be harmful?!?!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    So, is shop bought sprinkle on your oatmeal not a good Cinnamon, and how much should be taken daily for it not to be harmful?!?!

I use the sprinkle cinnamon and the cinnamon capsules. I've taken 1000 mg per day of the capsules without ill effect. People with diabetes take it in order to regulate blood sugar and to kill sugar cravings. Just make sure that you don't take cinnamon that is mixed with sugar, that negates the purpose of it.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    i read in an earlier thread that the cinnamon we use daily can be bad for you in small amounts because it's the wrong cinnamon...so reading up on "true cinnamon" makes you rethink the kind of cinnamon to use on a daily basis.

I have never heard that cassia is harmful, Just that it does not contain all the properties of the "true cinnamon"

Here is an interesting article explaining the differences between the two forms of cinnamon and how you can tell the difference: http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=newtip&dbid=31
  • gwenyork
    gwenyork Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a high school English teacher, and I started keeping Cinnamon scented plug-ins in my room after I read that same things somewhere! It keeps my room smelling good, and if it helps me and my students that is great!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love cinnamon. I try to put it in everything but I take a capsule of it a day.