Tracy Anderson?

Options
Has anyone done her metamorphosis workouts? I am interested and kind of want to try them. But, the whole set is a little expensive. Any input would be awesome!

Replies

• beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wmqMgwxsPxk

Watch and try level 1 for free and decide from there.

disclaimer: don't sue me if you try it and get hurt.
  • blueakama
    blueakama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I got the beginner ones and I'd suggest starting with one of them first so you get good form. The movements are unusual and I have to say I probably won't do the workouts very often because I like Jillian Michaels and other ones better.

You can look at fitness video reviews here - http://www.videofitness.com/
  • skuggiaiko
    Options
    They have the beginner packs at target and best buy for about the same as the Jillian Michaels ones, FYI.

And I tried a couple of demos on XBox Fitness of her workouts, and they don't seem like a lot, but they actually are - one of them I had to add weight to to make it feel like I was working out, but it did the trick.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    She's an idiot.

No. waste of money.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    A "trainer" that states that any weight over 3lbs will "bulk" up a female, doesn't have a great grasp of how physiology works.
    While any workout is better than none, there are better options than this one for less money. Cathe Frederich has great workouts for just about every goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • bekkahlokey
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    She's an idiot.

No. waste of money.

What are you basing this off of? I was a dancer for 14 years and her method sounds very similar to a lot of movements that happen in different dance classes, just combined into one.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    anyone who suggests that lifting things that are heavier than my groceries will make you bulky is a fraud.

She isn't teaching dance classes. She's trying to teach fitness.

If you want to look like a dancer- take dance classes.

If you want to be fit- hire a fitness instructor/trainer.
  • bekkahlokey
    Options
    First off.... dancers are fit. If I had the money to spend on classes, I would take them. I don't need to use an instructor/trainer... again mainly because I'm broke and am looking to workout at home. Yes the lifting thing is silly. However, her method does work in some way, wouldn't you say? and also, not everyone needs to lift heavy. It isn't for everyone, just like this isn't for everyone. Doesn't mean she's a fraud.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    First off.... dancers are fit. If I had the money to spend on classes, I would take them. I don't need to use an instructor/trainer... again mainly because I'm broke and am looking to workout at home. Yes the lifting thing is silly. However, her method does work in some way, wouldn't you say? and also, not everyone needs to lift heavy. It isn't for everyone, just like this isn't for everyone. Doesn't mean she's a fraud.

She is a fraud if she preaches that women will bulk up if they lift something heavier than a 3lb d-bell. She is using scare tactics to get women to buy her videos/merchandise.
  • JoRocka
    Options

I never said they were not.

And as a professional performer and- who takes upwards of 15 hours a class a week- and works regular gigs- and a former personal trainer- and now actively power lifting: I am speaking comfortably on the subject of dance- and fitness.

Training for dance and training for fitness is no the same thing.

She's still a fraud preaching antiquated and incorrect information- promising things you cannot get from what she's offering.
    period.

If you want to like her product- go ahead
    If you want to waste your money- go ahead.
    I actually do not care. It's your time. It's your money. You are free to do with it as you will. It doesn't affect me in the least.

But just be aware- the woman's a fraud and doesn't know anything. It's well documented and proven and she has no credibly standing with the fitness industry- and I can sure tell you know on in the in dance world knows who the fk she is either, well- to be fair- they might- her mother was a professional dancer- she flopped because she got fat.
    Sure- I'll take fitness advice from a failed dancer who failed because she got fat.
    #logic'sfinest.

she's a fraud.

I would not deign take her DVD's to work out to even AS a dancer. My dance DVD's I get from DANCERS- who are working professionals currently.

If you want to get in shape -train for that. TAKE dance classes. LIFT. do calisthenics- do plyometrics.

Don't listen to a woman who has literally NO credibility what so ever.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    she also says that spin class makes women bulky. I can't believe that there are still people who still listen to her craziness.

BTW- I lift heavy and so a lot of spin and I am in no way bulky
  • greenstar888
    greenstar888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just started the metamorphosis omni centric dvd. The muscular structure work is very similar to the moves I used to do when I was in dance school. I loved what those moves did for my body back then, long and lean. I feel the moves hitting places that literally feel dead right now (like where the love handles are growing on my back or place where people get saddle bags on their thighs). I haven't tried the dance cardio yet but I watched it through and it also looks like an amped up version of a rave/dance club routine. Going to try it out today and update you. Will probably not do it every day and build up to it by doing it every other day.

Also, I have been logging calories from the meal plan and it's at least 1600/day. Friend me if you plan on starting this program, would love to have a buddy.
  • greenstar888
    greenstar888 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    So tried the dance cardio today after the muscular structure workout. Took breaks every 5 minutes and still could only do 15 mins of following along and freestyled another 7. I am ok with this. I won't do this tomorrow and will try to do the leg portion of the muscle workout with a chair instead of on my knees tomorrow. My body definitely needs to work up to the cardio but feels like a nice challenge and my heart rate was super high the whole time. If someone like me tried to do the whole thing as prescribed right away, I would probably hurt myself. But that's why we are equipped with brains. If it's too much, slow down and do less :)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I've been considering this forever. Maybe I'll get it and end up messaging you about it @greenstar888
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

Well, you know she lies about at least one thing...so you would trust her anyway? There are a million excellent and FREE workouts on Youtube, why go with someone who you know for a fact says stuff that is patently untrue, especially given that it's expensive?