Women who lift!!

Options
I want to meet more women like me who lift....I mean heavy weights! Women who lift for strength gains and even for aesthetics. I want to improve my dead lifts and squats. I also want to get stronger on my bench. You can motivate me. Add me if you're a beast!

Replies

• coralraelamb
    coralraelamb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do! I love it. I don't have a program, I just read and research and kind of teach myself. Maybe one day I'll become more formal lol.
  • MarcyDPT
    MarcyDPT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I'm not there yet but I really want to be! Recently decided my goal this year is to do a bikini competition for a kick start. Pushing myself to heavier weights & excited to start seeing progress!
  • ninjasmith1986
    ninjasmith1986 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding! I have a hard time meeting other women with my same goals. There seems to be such in emphasis on losing weight or getting 'skinny'. I'm more focused on faster times, stronger lifts. I personally believe that if people want to lose weight so much they should focus on gaining fitness, focus on performance. Fall in love with fitness and nutrition. Only then will you get the results you want.
  • ninjasmith1986
    Options
    I do! I love it. I don't have a program, I just read and research and kind of teach myself. Maybe one day I'll become more formal lol.

Iv'e done a few programs but like you I will just go search for a workout and do it. Bodybuilding.com is my fave place for workouts and programs too.

• ninjasmith1986
    Options
    MarcyDPT wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not there yet but I really want to be! Recently decided my goal this year is to do a bikini competition for a kick start. Pushing myself to heavier weights & excited to start seeing progress!

That's awesome. Keep going! I want to do a physique comp this year. I don't do heels so the other categories are a no go lol.
  • MarcyDPT
    MarcyDPT Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Haha I haven't even begun to tackle the posing in giant heels in a bikini on a stage yet... If I can really make this happen I'll approach that hurdle in a few months lol. It's leg day today!
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'd love if we could be friends. I took a long hiatus from lifting after hip surgery and then two kids. I just started weight lifting again last month and I'm so hooked to the rush of lifting. I used to be really big into power lifting in college. I've always toyed with the idea of competing but for now I'm losing the excess body fat and working on a good base. I'm pretty sure after two babies in two years my muscle structure is gone. :)
  • erikatunneyho
    erikatunneyho Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for responding! I have a hard time meeting other women with my same goals. There seems to be such in emphasis on losing weight or getting 'skinny'. I'm more focused on faster times, stronger lifts. I personally believe that if people want to lose weight so much they should focus on gaining fitness, focus on performance. Fall in love with fitness and nutrition. Only then will you get the results you want.

I am so all about stronger. My clean & jerk is stuck - it's mental I know it at 75 lbs but I know my form is right on....anyway I was doing x fit 5 days a week until my 3 kids gave me pneumonia. Muscle memory I need you Monday! !!
  • erikatunneyho
    Options
    I want to meet more women like me who lift....I mean heavy weights! Women who lift for strength gains and even for aesthetics. I want to improve my dead lifts and squats. I also want to get stronger on my bench. You can motivate me. Add me if you're a beast!

I'm on my way to Beast - hood. I just started lifting and I love it. Last 60 days I've gone from a 35lbs empty bar to 75 lbs. I never bench pressed in my life until a few weeks ago. My first dead lift ever I've made it to 90lbs. Not bad for mom of 4 kuds who's 44 years old :)
  • ninjasmith1986
    Options

I'm on my way to Beast - hood. I just started lifting and I love it. Last 60 days I've gone from a 35lbs empty bar to 75 lbs. I never bench pressed in my life until a few weeks ago. My first dead lift ever I've made it to 90lbs. Not bad for mom of 4 kuds who's 44 years old :)

I love hearing about this stuff. Awesome! Making yourself epic!
  • karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Woot! Been lifting for about 6 months.. was worried about bulking up.. But I did my research. Not a professional.. But I get it done! I love seeing the definition.. Small gains!
  • erikatunneyho
    Options
    Whoohooo strong is Sexy not skinny is sexy
  • Withwings137
    Withwings137 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Thats awesome!! Great job!
  • kimcondray
    kimcondray Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    jch6xrmdw9d8.jpg
  • erikatunneyho
    Options
    Fantastic Kim !!!!
  • erikatunneyho
    Options
    I DID IT....I can do wall handstands alone now!!!! :D
  • shabelc
    shabelc Posts: 1
    Options
    Love love lifting
  • erikatunneyho
    Options
    Hiked 6 miles today AMAZING
  • blbarclaybb
    Options
    I am one of the few, the proud, the women that lift!!! Haha
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I'm probably older than all of you but I've been working with a trainer for 18 months now. At first it was to get over a back injury and lose some weight. Since September though I've been with a new trainer and I'm lifting kind of a lot of weight for me I think.

I started doing dead lifts, bench press and overhead presses about two months ago. DL is 155 lbs, bench is 80 and OHP is 50. I can leg press 470 lbs. I do rows with dumbbells still and am still working my way to squats. I do a lot of different squats but haven't graduated to the bar yet...........soon though. I'm still working on getting down a little closer to the floor....LOL My hip mobility still needs a little work.

I also do standard pushups, renegade rows and Turkish Get Ups along with all sorts of other weights and floor exercises like lunges etc..............so if I can do it I think anyone can. I'll be 65 on Easter Sunday.

I'm still eating at a deficit (I average 1750/day) because I have another 10 - 12 lbs I'd like to lose. I still won't be thin but I'll be pretty darn strong.