Just 1500 calories to eat I am nervous.

Options
vmdave
vmdave Posts: 64 Member
I thought I would lose a ton when I went from my normal pre mfp diet of 3800 calories a day to 2300 . To my surprise I lost but then it stalled at only 10 pounds. So I changed my goal to 2 pounds a week and that took me down to 1500 calories a week. that is going to be much harder to do than the 2300 . Am I making to big of a change?

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Not enough details but odds are that's not even remotely close to enough food.

How big are you now?
    Height
    Weight
    How much weight do you want to lose?
    Fitness level?
    Are you lifting
    Are you doing cardio?

Also- open your diary so we can see what you are eating.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, if you're not losing weight, you are eating too many calories.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Your deficit should be calculated by how much weight you have to lose. We would need your stats to know if you are making too large of a deficit.

Plug your information into MFP and set it at 1lb per week to lose. What does that give you calorie wise?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    67 pounds to lose, eating 3800 to maintain, 2300 to lose, then stalled.

Stall caused by? How accurate and precise was logging before/during/after stall?

I'd say if loss was happening at 2300, go back to it, and cut 250 cals off, then reaffirm that all logging is precise and accurate.

Monitor for two months.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Stall caused by? How accurate and precise was logging before/during/after stall?

I'd say if loss was happening at 2300, go back to it, and cut 250 cals off, then reaffirm that all logging is precise and accurate.

Monitor for two months.

Yes
  • mamafazz
    mamafazz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'd cut it down to 2000 and see how you do with that. I am 5'4 female 130lbs and I eat 1500 and am hungry still sometimes. I doubt it would be enough for you.
  • QuirkyD
    QuirkyD Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into the "Every other day diet"? I highly highly recommend that you check it out.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Every-Other-Day-Diet-That-Weight/dp/1401324932
    https://www.facebook.com/TheEveryOtherDayDiet
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Monitor for two months.

This.

Stalls of a couple weeks are a normal part of weight loss as well.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Monitor for two months.

Yes

x3