Family successes?

2»

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    A few members of my family, including myself, have been losing weight over the past year. It started with my brother who has lost 30+ lbs (not sure exactly, haven't asked), I started in September and have lost 21 lbs, and now my sister has been inspired by me, losing 15 lbs in three weeks. :) My youngest sister has also been going to the gym and has lost 10+ lbs. My mom wants to join that same gym, but she hasn't gotten serious yet to start. I'm hoping she does. She says that she doesn't care about being fat since she's older and it's not about looks, but I want her to be around for us kids and her grandchildren.

Congratulations! You should total it and keep track of it here. The combined efoort will help all of you stay on track. It's really working for us. We each have our own approach, but that's the way it should be.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    I look forward to reading more of your family and your success!!
    I got started here after my brother lost alot of weight doing his own thing. Im hoping my mom will come around sometime and give it her all. But ill wait until she asks me. No pressure
  • runnincrazy14
    runnincrazy14 Posts: 13 Member
    I am the only one in my family using MFP but it was my cousin who inspired me to loss weight. Last year she lost over 70 lbs just changing her diet and exercising regularly. I lost 5 lbs on my own but lost motivation to continue to diet. Then I went to my dr to get help with a weight loss plan. She was the one to really introduce me to MFP. She loss 80 lbs with it and in the less than 3 weeks I have been faithfully using it I have lost 9 more lbs.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I have lost 60lbs in 7 months, and about 6 weeks back hubby jumped on board to shrink the tum a bit. He's lost about 25lbs at this point, I think. We've used a combination of MFP and Fitbit as our main tools. We have two teens sons who are in no way overweight and don't care about counting calories or even eating healthy food. I am sure that day is coming for them down the road, though.
  • BRaye325
    Me and my wife started the same time (August 2013). We have lost 269lbs.

WOW!! That's so inspiring. Thanks for sharing.
  • BRaye325
    Then I went to my dr to get help with a weight loss plan. She was the one to really introduce me to MFP. She loss 80 lbs with it and in the less than 3 weeks I have been faithfully using it I have lost 9 more lbs.

Congratulations on your great start. When I started last July, I had to change my Dr. So a week after I started on MFP, I went to her for the first time and found out she was also a big fan of MFP and has been very supportive since.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Great work!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    edited March 2015
    A cousin, who drives truck for a living told me about MFP at his mom's funeral (RIP Aunt Marilyn) end of January 2012. I was having some physical probs at the time and weighed in at 286 lbs. Started MFP, had a total abdominal hysterectomy on March 6, 2012, continued using MFP during the recovery and when the doc released me to exercise, joined the hospital gym after losing almost 30 lbs. Started exercising on the elliptical with 7 minutes...increased my time by 1 minute a day, up to 45. I started lifting weights, stretching, and using the stepper and recumbent bike and lost a total of 60 lbs....then it happened. I stopped logging and slowly about 30 of my lost pounds FOUND ME! DANG IT! Still it was 30 and not 60, so here I am three years later and back on the plan..logging, but not yet back up to speed in exercise, although over the past three years, I have been far more active than before MFP. Working my way back to my former 225 and beyond...this time, I want to make sure that no refined sugar passes through my lips because I have learned the error of my ways by gaining back what I had lost. Thanks, Sherman Bayless, for turning me on to MFP! FAMILY ROCKS! OH and BTW...dropped 8 of that miserable 30 that found me...kicked to the curb!
  • jserencsa
    jserencsa Posts: 9 Member
    I love this! Great job!
  • BRaye325
    End of the first quarter update - we are now at 321 lbs - blows my mind!
    Just 4 more pounds and we will pass my original starting weight and trust me, that is one large guy to lose. ;)
  • BRaye325
    Same situation here. :p I think they expect you to do the work for them.

Well it really helps that I'm the one that does the grocery shopping for the ones that live at home anyway. :*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!