When did you lose dress sizes?

Options

Replies

• LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've lost 58 lbs, and have so far gone down from a 24 (UK sizes) to a 20/18 (20 is too big now, and 18 just a touch too small). It did take me a few months to get past a 24, and I suspect that as I keep losing it will get quicker to go into smaller sizes.

Losing weight and finding clothes to wear is a really tricky thing.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

Losing weight and finding clothes to wear is a really tricky thing.

boy, if that isn't the truth! i went to my favorite thrift shop a couple of weeks ago and EVERYTHING was either too big or too small!

• mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    15 pounds was usually a size for me. Remember though--every single piece of clothing is sized a little bit differently (even 2 pairs of jeans that are otherwise identical may fit differently depending on where the fabric was in the stack when it was cut, etc.). And brand-to-brand variation may be huge!

Now that I am closer to my goal weight it seems that 5 pounds is sometimes enough to be the difference (I would rather be comfortable in a size 6 rather than squeezed into a size 4 just for the sake of wearing a size 4).
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I started around your size. It took about 35 lbs. for the first size drop. As you get smaller, that number gets smaller as well. I'm a size 10ish now, and it's only about 10 lbs. to drop a size.
  • Alligator423
    Alligator423 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", lost 42 pounds and went from an 18 to 14.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo love hearing from all you guys! So great seeing success. Like alot of others here, im small on top and big from the hips down. Keep up all the terrific work! And let us know when you notice any changes from your current size!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 16, or at least, I thought so. Turns out that I was BARELY fitting into that size 16. I dropped a dress size ever 15-25 lbs, I think, until I got to be size 10. Dropping from size 10 to size 8 was about 8-10 lbs. Dropping from size 8 to size 6.. well.. I've only fit in a few size 6s, but I would say 5 lbs to get into some of them? Maybe 5 lbs more to be able to wear all size 6s.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    For me it's about 10-15 lbs to move from size to size (10-6). It mostly matters where the weight comes from though. I lose weight in my waist pretty quickly, but my hips and butt are a struggle.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I started to see my clothes changing when I lost around the 10-15 lb mark. I was doing a lot of weight training and then once I saw the drop it was like a flood gate opened and I was having to get new pants every month. It just leveled out when I reached my current weight (goal range). Enjoy clothes shopping though. That was really fun!
  • szkodzt
    szkodzt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Pear shaped here as well and losing way more on top currently than on the bottom. I am down 16 lbs and while all my current pants are definitely very loose (some almost falling off!) I just can't yet fit into the next size. It is very frustrating because I don't want to buy new clothes because I have some in almost EVERY size! However, I suspect that part of my problem is that I have been at my current size for several years now - the clothes I am trying to fit back into were pre-kids and my body shape is just not the same. I think I need to suck it up and buy new clothes :D
  • hopkins965
    hopkins965 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great question! I'm down 17 pounds and my size 18 jeans are baggy on me now, I just don't think I would quite fit into 16's yet. I'm nervous to shop and try 16's on & get discouraged if they are too tight. I will wait until I hit the 25-30 pound mark then maybe go shopping. And possibly I will skip the size 16's altogether ;)
  • desmondsdoll
    Options
    So glad you posted this as I was beginning to wonder if I'm indulging in wishful thinking.
    Weighed myself this morning and discovered that I've now lost 24lbs but I'm still the exact same dress size I was at the start of all this and I have the same size bust but I ensure I weigh myself at the same time each morning after I've been to the loo but before I eat or drink anything (although my waistband is a bit looser but I'm bloated at the moment thanks to my period deciding to come and say hello :neutral_face: ) - I was beginning to wonder whether I was misreading my scales and maybe wriggling on them too much :smiley: although last Summer when I was at my heaviest, I used to be able to feel my hips touching both sides of the bathtub and during my bath last night, I could actually wriggle a bit in the bath.
    - Thanks for giving courage that I'm not imagining it all and it is actually working - good luck everyone x
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 32-33lbs and haven't lost a dress size. However the clothes I had were getting too small and now they fit a lot better. Some are on the verge of too big.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I started at a size 20 and in 22 pounds I've dropped to an 18 being very loose on me, but not being able to get into a 16 yet. Hoping by the time I hit 30 pounds lost I'll be able to.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    At 5'10", size 20-18 is around 15-20 pounds different. 16-10 is around 10 pounds per size.

Can't wait to see what happens with the smaller sizes!!!
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, and I've gone down from a dress size 14 to a 12 through losing 35 lbs. I thought I would be down another size by now, but most of my loss has been in my boobs/belly and very little in my hips.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I went from a xlarge to a medium shirt within 25lbs. I only went from a loose 14 to a tight 10 in 25lbs.

The next 25lbs though, I went from a medium top to a small, and from a tight 10 to a very loose 4/tighter 2.
  • beachykeen81
    beachykeen81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I noticed it in my hands first too!
    Have lost 85lbs so far. Started at a 24 and just bought my first size 14! My sizes are definitely dropping quicker now than at the beginning too. At first it was 20 or 30 lbs before i went down a size, now it seems like every 10 or 15 lbs. I solely buy thrift store clothes right now!
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    This is an update by the OP. Im down 32lbs and went shopping yesterday for the first time since starting. Its official! I am down at least one entire dress size!
  • JenniferInCt
    Options
    Ugh mfp cut off my post- too long to retype lol- long story short:
    This is an update by the OP. I am down 32lbs now and went shopping for the first time yesterday! It's official! I am down at least one entire dress size! i was a size 20/22, xxl. I now fit into every size 18 or xl thing i tried on! I even tried size 16 and a size large sweatpants, but a little too snug for now, but they went on!
    I can now understand how people say they skip or miss entire dress sizes. I never used to get that. But if i didnt go shopping yesterday i never wouldve guessed i was down enough yet for a full size.
    Heres to hoping what everyone says is true, and the sizes move quicker with less weight now!
    Thanks everyone for your contributions!

I got new jeans, a couple shirts, and some new work clothes! Excited to not have everyone falling off/sagging now!