Any 30 Day Shred before and afters or success stories?

Options
I know that this isn't my personal success story, but I was hoping to hear from some of you who may have had a good experience (or even a bad one) with the 30 day shred. I just ordered the dvd not too long ago and it should be here tomorrow morning. I really think that hearing about the success that others have had will help me stay motivated and keep up with this program (I rarely finish anything lol). Thanks a bunch!

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    for me, no weight lost, no inches lost for the 30 Day Shred.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I just started the other day, only on day 4. but, I can tell you that all of the posts I read about it made me want to do it even more! I took my measurements the day before I started because every post I read the ones that did the workout said that they lost inches so I want to see my results at the end :)

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    i didnt lose either, i found i was only burning about 120 cals per 20 min, so then i started doing all the levels the same day, but i got annoyed with having to wait....it is a good workout though!! maybe 20 of that, then something else to get a good burn, or if you are pressed for time a certain day!!! It DEFINATLEY gets the heart pumping!
  • jesstorious
    Options
    I always want to kill Jillian by the 5th day so I never had much luck with it, despite starting it multiple times. Good luck!
  • maryamhull
    maryamhull Posts: 13
    Options
    You'll be pretty sore the next day so make sure you do it several days in a row. I love it for a quick fix but its not something I've stuck with enough to track weight/inches loss... maybe I should try, we'll see!
  • ody87
    ody87 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like to start the day off with the 30 day shred and if I have more time I do more. I have toned up a lot so I would like to think i has a lot to do with the dvd. I am down 22 pounds so far so I'd say it's working! Good Luck!
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred every day for the 30 days and I lost 11 pounds. I didn't measure myself before, unfortunately, so I don't know about inches lost. I'm also not sure how much of my loss was due to the Shred, and how much was due to my diet and other daily exercise. However, I did lose five pounds my first week doing the DVD. I feel like it definitely helped to tone me and I loved how quick it was. I'm now doing Ripped in 30, and I lost 3 pounds my first week. She's totally annoying and you have to get past listening to her sexually harass the girls for 20 minutes, but the workouts are great :)
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I did the shred for 30 days not all back to back took a few days off here and there LOL I did lose some inches cuz my pants are way looser but didn't see a drop on the scale. I then started Ripped in 30 for over 30 days taking 1 day of rest weekly and lost about 4lbs. However my diet isn't very clean and I was prolly consuming 200 extra calories i didn't need. Im going to start over with the programs in a month or so. I love the workouts. People told me to do an extra cardio during the day and eat better and I should get better results. Also my endurance and stamina became alot better after her routines. GOOD LUCK :)
  • Nykki71
    Nykki71 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I lost 14 inches and 10 pounds I was faithful and did it daily.....love it!!!
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Heres a link to my results that i post a few weeks ago. My results are listed first but by the time i figured out how to post pics they ended up on page 2 :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/220961-30-day-shred-results
  • familyfound
    familyfound Posts: 16
    Options
    I am 17 days into the SHRED. I was gaining initially (muscle), but have just started to lose now. Since starting the shred, I have lost 6 pounds. I have lost 2 inches from my waist and 1 inch from my hips. I will post final results once I am done the 30 days!!
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I did the Shred every day for the 30 days and I lost 11 pounds. I didn't measure myself before, unfortunately, so I don't know about inches lost. I'm also not sure how much of my loss was due to the Shred, and how much was due to my diet and other daily exercise. However, I did lose five pounds my first week doing the DVD. I feel like it definitely helped to tone me and I loved how quick it was. I'm now doing Ripped in 30, and I lost 3 pounds my first week. She's totally annoying and you have to get past listening to her sexually harass the girls for 20 minutes, but the workouts are great :)

Good lord. Sounds awful- Where do you get this dvd?? LOL
  • VSgirl2010
    Options
    Never mind. I just looked up Ripped in 30. I didn't realize it was another JM DVD. Maybe when I am done with 30 DS I'll try this one.....

Oh and I am on day 19 of the shred. I did not measure myself before hand. I figure my clothes will fit different if there is any inches lost. My weight has NOT changed at all. It seems the only thing I may get from this workout is a good habit and some endurance. But clearly everyone is different!!
  • sdckc6528
    sdckc6528 Posts: 19
    Options
    I am on Day 8 of Level 3 for my second time with the 30 day shred! I have lost 22 pounds and over 15 inches off of my body! Over 5 just off of my waist! I have been taking one day a week off and I walk around 2-4 miles at least 5 days a week (weather permitting) I love it because I can get up and do it before work while my kids are sleeping so I am not taking time away from anything except 30 minutes of sleep and I can live without that! Good Luck!
  • VSgirl2010
    Options
    I am on Day 8 of Level 3 for my second time with the 30 day shred! I have lost 22 pounds and over 15 inches off of my body! Over 5 just off of my waist! I have been taking one day a week off and I walk around 2-4 miles at least 5 days a week (weather permitting) I love it because I can get up and do it before work while my kids are sleeping so I am not taking time away from anything except 30 minutes of sleep and I can live without that! Good Luck!

I suspect additional aerobic exercise (such as walking mentioned above) with the Shred makes a difference in weight loss......
  • niffer82402
    niffer82402 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't have much weight to lose, just looking to tone up, but in the last 60 days I have lost roughly 10 lbs doing a combination of 30DS and some extra cardio (elliptical, stationary bike, and the Couch to 5k program), while counting calories and trying to eat healthier. I have also lost 1 inch in my waist, 1" inch on my thigh, and half an inch on my arm. For a 20 minute work-out, I have been pretty happy with the results.
  • crazysexykoo
    crazysexykoo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've done the 30DS twice and lost a combination of 15 lbs (after doing back to back)...I was most impressed by the inches I lost and how toned my arms and legs were. I dropped 2 pants sizes as well. Unfortunately, I didn't take my measurements :(

Now I'm on week 3 of Ripped in 30...it kick butts for real, but like someone else posted earlier...JM is extremely annoying in this video (the absolute worst) and I have all her videos. Nevertheless, I swear by JM's videos because they are the only ones that I am consistent with and see significant results.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I may have to consider this. i'm looking to lose inches around my thighs and waist. I really want to get my waist under 37 inches!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I always want to kill Jillian by the 5th day so I never had much luck with it, despite starting it multiple times. Good luck!

Me too! She's so irritating!!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/218252-30-day-shred-round-2-complete

Also a link to round 1 in this post....currently finishing week 3 of ripped in 30....I have lost 10 lbs so far on this dvd
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!