3,500 Calorie Diet?

Options
I'm 19 and I weigh 142lbs. My goal is to weigh 160lbs of muscle. I go to the gym everyday except Saturday and Sunday. My personal trainer told me to eat 3,200 calories a day, but I have a very difficult time eating all that. The best I can do is 2,800. What meals can I eat to reach 3,500 calories? I'm allergic to eggs (can't have no eggs at all) and wheat (I eat a little bit of wheat anyway). I really want to bulk up a bit so any help would be great!!

Replies

• TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds are calorie-dense and nutritious, also a great source of protein. Avocados and oils like rapeseed or olive oil are also high in calories, can be easily added to meals.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, peanut butter.... or a combination of both.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Cheese and full fat dairy
  • graydawnm
    graydawnm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Nuts and seeds are calorie-dense and nutritious, also a great source of protein. Avocados and oils like rapeseed or olive oil are also high in calories, can be easily added to meals.

Agreed. Look into using almond flour for breads and cookies (there are some good recipes on the internet). I second the avocados and olive oil. Also, coconut oil is a good fat that is high in calories.

• geovanimbenitez840
    geovanimbenitez840 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I really appreciate it
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    go to gaining weight forum and check out the sticky there..

I would say bagels, pasta, ice cream, cookies, full fat milk/cottage cheese/yogurt, etc…

make sure that you are hitting your macro/micro targets too….