Totesterone!

Options
Sorry guys I am not exactly new to MFP but I love this site. The calorie counter app for my Android phone is why I came to find this site. I've made quite a few friends while here and its been great.
That being said I'm reaching out to the fellas on the site. If you are like me, the female friend request are easy, but the male friend request may be a little awkward. It looks good with the 90% female friend ratio but what I'm here for is to improve myself, and a male (no offense ladies) working toward the same goals would be helpful in a lot of circumstances.
I love you ladies though because you keep it real.

Me:
My passion is weight training but hate cardio.
I do cardio only because its part of the plan.
I'm not giving up my BEER or occasional Crown Royal (unless instructed by a doctor) for no one.
Every now and then (before I wake up) I still believe there is a professional athlete buried within.
I'm 5'10" and at my peak I weighed in at 255 pounds (sadly not muscle).

If you can relate to anything I've said feel free to send me a friend request.

Replies

• MKamhi
    MKamhi Posts: 3
    Options
    Good luck, I as well can never give up my beer!!!!!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I totally understand, I'm not trying to get on here to get personal with anyone. We are alittle out numbered here but I base my friends off of their goals, how much weight they've lost and to get great work out tips. I do laugh and joke and has received some quite "special" private messages, but I am here to focus get in shape and enjoy this new lifestyle change. Yes I have made some good friends along the way and alot of people from here are on my FB, but I keep those website different, no syncing on this end. But I do tend to freind more guys then females because I can relate better to them as far as eating and working out, because at the end of the day I cant ask a girl what kind of undergarments are appropriate to workout in, #IJS. I get ya though, but you're already my friend. Keep it up and good Luck!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I say this because when I get a friend request from a guy I check to see who his "friends" are, and, right or wrong, if all I see are woman then I will decline the request...especially if there is no message with the request.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, I don't think that highly of myself, but it just doesn't make me comfortable.
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    Hi Bud,

I'm more on the cardio so far, trying to work in more weight training. More of a whiskey drinker, which is half the calories of beer (although I love the rich beers as well).

Friend request coming your way!
    -Kenny
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    Great post!

I say this because when I get a friend request from a guy I check to see who his "friends" are, and, right or wrong, if all I see are woman then I will decline the request...especially if there is no message with the request.

EDIT: don't get me wrong, I don't think that highly of myself, but it just doesn't make me comfortable.

Your apprehension doesn't surprise me.
    Just want to make this site work for me and my MFP friends.
  • JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    I cant ask a girl what kind of undergarments are appropriate to workout in, #IJS. I get ya though, but you're already my friend. Keep it up and good Luck!

UM ACTUALLY YOU CAN!!! And i well tell you to go buy Under Armour® Performance Clothing!!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I cant ask a girl what kind of undergarments are appropriate to workout in, #IJS. I get ya though, but you're already my friend. Keep it up and good Luck!

UM ACTUALLY YOU CAN!!! And i well tell you to go buy Under Armour® Performance Clothing!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Touche ***** Cat! LOL
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Hey bro, its true its hard to find male weightloss buddy's here !
    And I dont drink beer but i'm into Sake ( the Japanese stuff ^^ ).

Feel free to add me to your friends =)