80+ lbs to lose (new thread)

1. My name is May and i am 24 years old with 80 lbs to lose. My goal weight is 130-139
2. I am currently 220 lbs and i have already lost 10 lbs.
3. My long term goals are to be energetic, active and happy because i haven't been any of those things in a while!
4. I most certainly have a bad relationship with food, i consider myself a sugar/caffeine addict.
5. I have put my treadmill in my living room so that i have to stare at it everyday all day to remember that my exercise is an important part of this journey! I have also thumb tacked my size S shorts on my closet door so that i keep myself motivated to continue pushing forward! I also have a chalk board hung up near my bathroom so i can keep track of my weekly weight loss! Seeing the goal written is motivation for me :)
6. I would like to achieve my 80 lbs weight loss goal before Oct. that is when my birthday is and i want to look hot!
7. My motivation is myself! I dont belong in this 220 lb body. I know i can look amazing i just need to put the snickers down!!
8. My support is mainly my close friends and family. Everyone is being very kind and helpful but then again none of them are actually overweight so at times it feels like im in it alone.

1. Intro & How much do you have to lose? Goal?
2. How much have you lost?
3. What are your long term goals?
4. Do you have a good or bad relationship with food?
5. How do you plan to keep yourself accountable?
6. When do you want to achieve your goal? Estimate?
7. What are your motivations for losing weight?
8. Do you have support outside of MFP?

LETS GET STARTED! :)))
Post your answers below and feel free to add me!

Replies

• Meeezonajourney
    Meeezonajourney Posts: 101 Member
    Hi May my name is Julie and I'm 46 and I'm new here but began my journey slowly shortly after the holidays. I started out at 220 and am currently 203. My long term goal is to be 140 ish (it may take a year and that's ok) but my main goal is to have a better relationship with food. I am a sugar addict, there I said it
  • Hi my name is Melissa I need to loose 100 lbs.ling term to eat positive n stress less. I have a bad relationship with food. Hoping to change that. I am turning 40 in Sept n hoping I'm down 50 lbs by then n going..motivations for loosing is health conditions n back issues n just sick n tired of carrying this around. I want to look and feel good for me n my kids.
  • vel0226
    vel0226 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi May, my name is Marivel but everyone calls me May!! Well I am 31 and mother of two and hubby that sometimes is on board with me. Lol he is great tho, anyway my starting weight was 265 lbs and need to lose about 90 lbs! My current weight is 230 I have gained back ten pounds in two weeks. I've would have reached my goal if I didn't go all out eating. I love me some chili cheese dip with chips and favorite chocolate snickers!!! But I haven't touched a snickers bar in like 3 months..yay!! I've been FAT for way to long, ten years and I am tired of carrying all this weight around! So I said this is MY YEAR!!! I want to be healthy and run around with my kids. And I am be renewing my vows on Dec. 2016 so I am excited for that. Lord willing I will see that day!! I have my husband and sister and a couple of friends on MFP. But not too serious cuz they just got like 5-20 lbs to lose... My hubby works out with me from time to time. He drops weight faster than I do. But he is my only workout buddy!!
  • 2bfit_2015
    2bfit_2015 Posts: 42 Member
    All of you ladies are amazing and each one of you deserves to reach your goal! I havent gotten on the scale in several days because i hate obsessing over the number every day. But tomorrow i may weigh myself or i may just wait it out until friday, still unsure. I also aim to lose a lot of weight like you ladies but ijust want all of us to do it the healthy way! Ive sent all of u friend requests so add me and lets keep one another accountable :)
  • 2bfit_2015
    vel0226 wrote: »
    Hi May, my name is Marivel but everyone calls me May!! Well I am 31 and mother of two and hubby that sometimes is on board with me. Lol he is great tho, anyway my starting weight was 265 lbs and need to lose about 90 lbs! My current weight is 230 I have gained back ten pounds in two weeks. I've would have reached my goal if I didn't go all out eating. I love me some chili cheese dip with chips and favorite chocolate snickers!!! But I haven't touched a snickers bar in like 3 months..yay!! I've been FAT for way to long, ten years and I am tired of carrying all this weight around! So I said this is MY YEAR!!! I want to be healthy and run around with my kids. And I am be renewing my vows on Dec. 2016 so I am excited for that. Lord willing I will see that day!! I have my husband and sister and a couple of friends on MFP. But not too serious cuz they just got like 5-20 lbs to lose... My hubby works out with me from time to time. He drops weight faster than I do. But he is my only workout buddy!!

I completly understand what you mean about the hudband losing weight faster, my husband is really fit and good looking so its a bit uncomfortable being around him when i need to exercise lol
    He always suggests for us to workout together but i just cant do it unless i drop some of this weight first lol
  • 2bfit_2015
    Hi my name is Melissa I need to loose 100 lbs.ling term to eat positive n stress less. I have a bad relationship with food. Hoping to change that. I am turning 40 in Sept n hoping I'm down 50 lbs by then n going..motivations for loosing is health conditions n back issues n just sick n tired of carrying this around. I want to look and feel good for me n my kids.

I am in the same boat with you hun! I have a son and hes so energetic i can barely keep up! I really want to be active so i can do things with him and go places without feeling like my weight is holding me back!
  • 2bfit_2015
    Gnulie wrote: »
    Hi May my name is Julie and I'm 46 and I'm new here but began my journey slowly shortly after the holidays. I started out at 220 and am currently 203. My long term goal is to be 140 ish (it may take a year and that's ok) but my main goal is to have a better relationship with food. I am a sugar addict, there I said it

I hear ya on that! I have a terrible love affair with chocolate and coffee! Its not even a joke the amount of chocolate i use to eat just in ONE DAY! I am craving less chocolate now since i have replaced most of those cravings with healthier options. I use to eat at least one whole chocolate bar while sipping on coffee in the morning and now i may still have my coffee on occasion but will replace the chocolate with fruit or a smoothie instead. It takes time but you got this girl !